hedgehog advice

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It wont survive now if you let it out, the cold is on it's way and the hog wont have time to put enough weight on before it comes. If you do decide to try to save it, it will need to be indoors, with

i probably would mate if i was in your shoes but im not,i dont mind hedgehogs in my garden

Do the world a favour and hit the little spikey c**t on the head!!!

Posted Images

Why do folk want to kill them..they are native to this country i am sure..red leg's and pheasant are not which i will kill any chance i get..be it with the gun or Gos.. :whistling:

And as long as no one is loosing out financally you crack on....;-)

• Like 1

Why do folk want to kill them..they are native to this country i am sure..red leg's and pheasant are not which i will kill any chance i get..be it with the gun or Gos.. :whistling:

so if people were to gain financially by having hedgehogs roaming the land,then you'd like them?

what about mongooses or kangaroos or any other creature that doesn't belong here?

so if people were to gain financially by having hedgehogs roaming the land,then you'd like them?

what about mongooses or kangaroos or any other creature that doesn't belong here?

Blan will you f**k off and hug a tree somewhere.

:laugh:

FTB

• Like 1

no but if someone released them I wouldn't kill them if I knew they belonged to them. And if I see a kangaroo 'in' fife I can guarantee you I'll not kill it.... Ok!!!!

no but if someone released them I wouldn't kill them if I knew they belonged to them. And if I see a kangaroo 'in' fife I can guarantee you I'll not kill it.... Ok!!!!

Get it shot!

Kangaroo meat's tasty :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Fife sounds like a good place to start my free-range mongoose farm then.

i buy half an acre of land and release 100,000 mongooses,and I'll sleep easy in the knowledge they're all safe.

Get it shot!

oh ffs, could you imagine coming on here saying you shot a kangaroo. Canny even knock a spikey rat on the head without getting abuse!!... Lol

i buy half an acre of land and release 100,000 mongooses,and I'll sleep easy in the knowledge they're all safe.

Fire away mate.... I won't shoot them but al trap, snare and poison the life out the b*****ds!!!... Lol

And that's a joke folks!!!!!....;-)

Fire away mate.... I won't shoot them but al trap, snare and poison the life out the b*****ds!!!... Lol

And that's a joke folks!!!!!....;-)

f**k off.

:laugh:

no chance you'd let 100,000 hungry mongooses anywhere near your land

Get it shot!

oh ffs, could you imagine coming on here saying you shot a kangaroo. Canny even knock a spikey rat on the head without getting abuse!!... Lol

Well I vote the 'Roo gets it :hunter:

And just in case the 'fluffy bunny brigade' start, It's purely to save the planet :whistling:

post-25880-0-71329600-1321817387.jpg

Edited by kenny14

i picked up a tiny hoglet one summer a couple of years ago, he was about 3-4 weeks old when i found him, spark-out on someone's driveway and about half an hour off karking it. he was so ill even the fleas had abandoned him. took him home, gave him sugar water to revive him, then fed him on cat food for a few days til i found our local petshop stocked hedgehog food. greedy little bugger, cost a mint to feed. kept him in a box in my bedroom, he'd sit on my lap while i was on the comp, and played catch with a beer bottle top. did a lovely job of getting the fluff out from under the cupboards :thumbs:

when he got a bit bigger, and mum's nerves where shot from him escaping his box every day, he went into a rabbit hutch in the garden. gave him lots of newspaper & straw in a cardboard box, and when the weather turned colder he hibernated. i never bothered weighing him, so i just crossed my fingers that he would wake up. luckily he did, and we started his aclimatisation to the wild by putting him in the tortoise's run at night, when the tortoise was indoors. the day before he was due to go to his new home in the woods behind a local manor house, the daft bugger escaped.

someone told me you can mark their spines with a bit of paint, so i gave him a blast of halfords "moondust silver" car spray a couple of days before he did a runner. when i found a squashed hedgehog on the road outside our house 6 months later, the identification was easy. getting him off was a bit harder, but a good shovel did the job. he's now buried in the flowerbed. he wasn't too impressed at being sprayed with paint, but obviously the ladies liked his "go faster stripe", as ten little hoglets were sitting in our cat food tray outside the back door not long before Dave's untimely demise. our garden has been heaving with hedghogs ever since :yes:

Edited by Ossie
  • Like 1