I had a family drop in the garden today....great pics!

I saw the Buck first but had to get the camera,so popped downstairs and soon back in the bedroom,sat on the edge of the bed with the window open,but just to see the Buck disappear into my lovely wildlife garden....lol

I sat there for 5 minutes,and wondered whether I might get a response from the butollo call,so downstairs again and in position.....3 quick pheeps at 20 second intervals and out popped this little girl............

DSC_00090001-2.jpg

DSC_00110001-1.jpg

But,she wasn't for staying,and she soon turned and make her escape...........

DSC_00120001-1.jpg

I kept on with the call,and she returned with her little bundle of joy for me to see..........

DSC_00130001-1.jpg

Can't be very old,maybe a week or two..........

DSC_00160001-1.jpg

The little one soon got shy and wandered up the garden,and then the Mother started to bark like mad,I was in a position that I had never been in before....watching a Muntjac bark....

DSC_00260001-1.jpg

She barked maybe 4-5 times and then out from the right came the Buck,a good head albeit a bit thin,he took me by surprise a bit and soon went out of camera shot(shame).........

DSC_00280001-1.jpg

DSC_00290001.jpg

It made my day I can tell you,and I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did.

Martin

• Like 12

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw the Buck first but had to get the camera,so popped downstairs and soon back in the bedroom,sat on the edge of the bed with the window open,but just to see the Buck disappear into my lovely wildl

I have spent years trying to get to see a Muntjac barking,I was only speaking to Foxdropper about it a few weeks back,so I was over the moon when I not only got to see it,but also take a pic.I heard them out the back earlier tonight(2230hrs)barking at/to each other,although I think I could make out 3 barking.

Martin

I saw the Buck first but had to get the camera,so popped downstairs and soon back in the bedroom,sat on the edge of the bed with the window open,but just to see the Buck disappear into my lovely wildlife garden....lol

I sat there for 5 minutes,and wondered whether I might get a response from the butollo call,so downstairs again and in position.....3 quick pheeps at 20 second intervals and out popped this little girl............

DSC_00090001-2.jpg

DSC_00110001-1.jpg

But,she wasn't for staying,and she soon turned and make her escape...........

DSC_00120001-1.jpg

I kept on with the call,and she returned with her little bundle of joy for me to see..........

DSC_00130001-1.jpg

Can't be very old,maybe a week or two..........

DSC_00160001-1.jpg

The little one soon got shy and wandered up the garden,and then the Mother started to bark like mad,I was in a position that I had never been in before....watching a Muntjac bark....

DSC_00260001-1.jpg

She barked maybe 4-5 times and then out from the right came the Buck,a good head albeit a bit thin,he took me by surprise a bit and soon went out of camera shot(shame).........

DSC_00280001-1.jpg

DSC_00290001.jpg

It made my day I can tell you,and I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I did.

Martin

Some superb close ups there Martin well done mate :thumbs:

He looks a good buck Marty...... :thumbs:

I've heard the eirie sound of muntjac barking on many occasions, mainly in the evening time, but never managed to observe one doing so. It must have been a great experience! I once had a close experience with a roe buck. It was May 1996 and i was filming a family of cubs in a small river-side wood. I was actually sat on a deer/badger/fox run as this was the quietest place to approach from, when i was suddenly aware of something. Turning slightly i was greeted by the fabulous sight of a nice roe buck stood, ears pivoiting, head bobbing up and down as he tried to work out just what the camouflaged lump was in his domain. Closer and closer he came until he started to bark at me from about 30 yards. made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up i can tell you! :yes:

Keep 'em coming Marty. :thumbs: