pellet lodged

Took a nice doe to day, she was past her prime, good summer weight still , but poor ol'lass had a bad limp & struggled a little..she must have thrown 12 kids over the last few years i knew of..anyhow. Took the shot, well placed & dropped within 100yds. I took her back to the gamble & did the job , skinning & gettinge her ready for the freezer, only to find 4 pellets :icon_eek: shot on different occasions lodged into her skull, shoulder & leg joint..what is it that these air pellet nutcases get out of injuring & laming such a wonderful animal. Airrilfes & pellets are for rabbits & birds within close range .. boils my blood. :bad:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a dick you are if a dog catches a deer its dead not like any gun

Any man that hunts needs not answer to any other man on the ethics of his chosen sport .The lurcher versus gun debate has gone on for years before any of you chose to champion the facts and will go on

BB69, The chap has not a clue about it, he thinks he knows but the truth is his experience comes from LACS. He thinks any dog can do it and that dogmen don't strive to get a good dog that will m

Took a nice doe to day, she was past her prime, good summer weight still , but poor ol'lass had a bad limp & struggled a little..she must have thrown 12 kids over the last few years i knew of..anyhow. Took the shot, well placed & dropped within 100yds. I took her back to the gamble & did the job , skinning & gettinge her ready for the freezer, only to find 4 pellets :icon_eek: shot on different occasions lodged into her skull, shoulder & leg joint..what is it that these air pellet nutcases get out of injuring & laming such a wonderful animal. Airrilfes & pellets are for rabbits & birds within close range .. boils my blood. :bad:

I agree its disgusting obviously not a sportsman in any way shape or form, anyone who does not respect their quarry by not taking positive actions in using the correct equipment is guilty of extreme cruelty, such actions as you describe can only be regarded as being the actions carried out by person or persons of little knowledge or care, any normal human being would be aware that we have a duty when dispatching the life of any animal we take into account our actions and consequences if not carried out in an acceptable way.

The annoying thing is that it would be best practice to report this to the police however when the press get hold of it, it would be twisted out of all proportion and put all shooters in a bad light as per usual. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Dave

Unfortunately air rifles have come under serious criticism over the last 10 years. Due to the misuse by cruel and idiotic users. Just as idiotic breaches of the Hunting Act reflect badly on all legitimate country sports participants. So does the indiscriminate use of air rifles place all shooters in a bad light in the eyes of the press and the voting public.

Eduction rather than legislation is the key to finding a solution. Unfortunately legislation is the prefered choice of the politicians and as with the Hunting Act its one that we won't be able to avoid.

Unfortunately for the deer we all know that's simply not true., and is one of the main reasons why it was made illegal by the Hunting Act 2004. You've got to hand it to those LACS campaigners. They get things right occasionally.

Still never mind aye!

FFS are you for real.

Its not just the air rifle numpties that fail in the quarry respect stakes. There are those that will still actively seek to course deer. :angry2::censored:

deer were taken with dogs along time before guns were invented infact it was the sport of kings leaving the pesants to use other methods. :thumbs:
  • Like 2

Its not just the air rifle numpties that fail in the quarry respect stakes. There are those that will still actively seek to course deer. :angry2::censored:

deer were taken with dogs along time before guns were invented infact it was the sport of kings leaving the pesants to use other methods. :thumbs:

Ah, the old historical justification get out of gaol debate.

Before the invention of the wheel we all had to walk everywhere unless you were rich enough to own slaves to carry you. Perhaps you would like to see the return of slavery too?

Prior to the1802 and 1819 Factory Acts children as young as 4 years old where made to work in mines and factories and young girls under the age of 10 were forced into prostitution. Such forced labour and personal abuse are now considered by civilised countries to be human rights violations. Perhaps you would like to see them common practices again.

Young women working in the milinery trade were made old before their time and poisoned to death due to their exposure to mercury.

Time, and society moves forward. Attitudes and behaviour change. Science advances knowledge and once common practices are seen in a different more informed light. Its called progress!

Ah, the old historical justification get out of gaol debate.

Before the invention of the wheel we all had to walk everywhere unless you were rich enough to own slaves to carry you. Perhaps you would like to see the return of slavery too?

Prior to the1802 and 1819 Factory Acts children as young as 4 years old where made to work in mines and factories and young girls under the age of 10 were forced into prostitution. Such forced labour and personal abuse are now considered by civilised countries to be human rights violations. Perhaps you would like to see them common practices again.

Young women working in the milinery trade were made old before their time and poisoned to death due to their exposure to mercury.

Time, and society moves forward. Attitudes and behaviour change. Science advances knowledge and once common practices are seen in a different more informed light. Its called progress!

not all progress is for the better :thumbs:

Given its literal meaning in the context in which it was used

Progress: : gradual betterment; especially : the progressive development of humankind.

Makes your claim at its very least invalid.

But I accept that a small minority might see it that way. Especially when their activities are restricted and/or judged to be cruel, unjustifiable, outmoded, at odds with the majority concensus, deemed unethical or banned, made illegal by the democratic process of political government or a combination of.

I'm sure there were those who thought the same about progress when women gained the right to vote, when all children where considered worthy of an education, and when the catholic church decided to stop burning witches. :thumbs:

I guess J.Darcys new book wont be on your christmas list then lol.

You guess right. :drinks:

Just as I won't be buying publications on Halal sheep slaughter, Chinese live animal skinning for the fur trade. Subject to such publications existing in the first place of course. :unsure:

Edited by gerfalcon
  • Like 1