Any local forres or nairn wildfowlers on here??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back up on the 23rd for 2 weeks......fingers crossed, Logan, if there are none on our side, I may come across onto your side for a scout! All the best lads, lets hope the season progresses a bit better now the weather has turned!

• 4 weeks later...

Merry christmas everyone, took a nice greylag this morning, took two shots to get him down, bad aiming in the wind!! Either that or slightly off aim with christmas excess!

There are thousands out there, just need to get under them! I will be out again tonight on the beach, anyone else get any?

im from Newburgh chief bout 20-mins fae inverurie right on the coast. Findhorns my second estuary im up there as much as possible. just looking for somebody local for updates on bird numbers and conditions etc...its a good hour and a half fae mine so would be fine to get a set of eyes up there to speak to before any trips i make. You do a lot of fowling when your up there?

Hi i used to shoot findhorn alot but moved up to Lybster this year ,nothing much up here either the closest place for me now is Dornoch or Nigg, do you shoot the ythan thats a brilliant place normally full of ducks and geese, ive had some great flights there

im from Newburgh chief bout 20-mins fae inverurie right on the coast. Findhorns my second estuary im up there as much as possible. just looking for somebody local for updates on bird numbers and conditions etc...its a good hour and a half fae mine so would be fine to get a set of eyes up there to speak to before any trips i make. You do a lot of fowling when your up there?

Hi i used to shoot findhorn alot but moved up to Lybster this year ,nothing much up here either the closest place for me now is Dornoch or Nigg, do you shoot the ythan thats a brilliant place normally full of ducks and geese, ive had some great flights there

Yeah the Ythan is where i do most of my fowling mate...Nae much on here just now due to the pressure of shooting there under. still get them on the hard weather but most of the time now there on the ponds and slains loch!

Nothing doing yesterday, they were there alright, but lack of wind allowed them up in dribs and drabs all over the shop...no chance of a shot. Should be good tonight with this wind and I will be out again in the morning....noone else venturing out?? Heard you had to queue up at Findhorn to get a shot?

Yeah the Ythan is where i do most of my fowling mate...Nae much on here just now due to the pressure of shooting there under. still get them on the hard weather but most of the time now there on the ponds and slains loch!

have you tried castle stewart up by inverness, thats worth trying when your staying at findhorn,park up at the church just past the castle on the left then walk down the track, the new golf course hasmeant its not so quite now but a fairly good place for ducks and geese, or if you dont mind being heckled a bit go to lossiemouth cross the river by the wooden bridge and shoot the saltings there foe duck thousands of widgeon,nice place to park up and watch as well

have you tried castle stewart up by inverness, thats worth trying when your staying at findhorn,park up at the church just past the castle on the left then walk down the track, the new golf course hasmeant its not so quite now but a fairly good place for ducks and geese, or if you dont mind being heckled a bit go to lossiemouth cross the river by the wooden bridge and shoot the saltings there foe duck thousands of widgeon,nice place to park up and watch as well

Spot on mate will have a recky at them 2spots when im up there cheers.

Got two greylags this morning, thousands of birds and the weather kept them low, cracking flight...back to work tomorrow.....boo!!!

Sounds like you had a good trip mate canna wait to get up there. Although we are doing pretty well down here just now!!!

It was good mate, alhough the weather and tide was against me a wee bit. Only got 1 night on the beach, which can be really good.

Listen to your mate there, Castle Stuart can be good, so can McDermotts old place, there is a big lagoon down there and plenty of ducks and geese roost down there....

Have a good trip and let us know how you go.....there are thousands of geese up there at the moment and plenty of ducks too......