June meet 2012 in Nottingham (who is interested?)

Roger,

We usually meet and have a few beers on the Friday Evening, spend the day shooting etc on the Saturday (most people cook their own food for breakfast, dinner) A couple of beers during the day (sensibly of course!) and more on the evening around the camp fire with a good natter, then Sunday the HFT Comp.

Now as there are a few more comps this year I am assuming that comps will be held throughout Saturday as well :D so beers will be kept to a bare minimum or non at all :)

But part of the fun of the weekend is not knowing what comes next!

Incidently Roger are you the Roger who served/trained over in Isreal?

Tony

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add my humble and sincerest thanks to Davy, Si and Chas, and to everyone else involved for putting together such a memorable and wonderfully enjoyable weekend of shooting. Absolutely fantastic

Roger, you have nothing to be hung up about your shooting ability mate, no one is gonna laugh or take the pi**, we're more likely to pitch in and help you improve mate!!   Can I also just say of the

What a brilliant weekend,to Si,Davy,Chaz and all who helped organize this years T.H.L meet very well done .Was good to put a face to a name,all top lads/lassies.Defo be going to next years ,will bring

Posted Images

Hi lads,

I should of thought and put this down before, as Roger is quite correct in asking if he as not been before. I do apologise mate.

Davy Chaz and me will be at the location from around dinner time onwards setting up the plinking range and other bits and bobs.

All are welcome to attend and help if they wish from dinner time onwards. If attendees have their own metal knock down / spinning targets it would be nice if they could bring them to add to the plinking range and we could set out some super testing targets to get your teeth into.

Friday evening will be a large bonfire after 2000 hrs and I have organised the military bar to be opened from 1900 hrs till 2300 hrs so attendees can buy a quality cold beer then go outside again to enjoy the evening and chat.

There will also be a lamping competition on Friday night once its dark too where 5 HFT knock downs will be placed at different unknown ranges simulating lamping conditions in a OPEN FIELD WITH LONG GRASS AND WITH NOTHING TO REST AGAINST so it will be up to the shooter to lamp them using one of my lamps or your own if you so wish, estimate the range to the targets and then take them out using any shooting position you wish without resting the rifle on its bipod or against a object. Attendees will get points for this comp that go towards the total weekends HLF meets champion shot which is the person who scores the most points with all the comps added together. Cost is £1 entry which goes to the charity.

There will be a total of 5 comps over the weekend (4 small comps and the big HFT on the Sunday morning) so competitive people will only need to splash out £5 total to enter all the comps. All the proceeds go 100% to the charity.

Entry is still £13 per adult, children under 14 years of age are free.

Food for Friday night and Saturday will be under your own steam and it usually is meat cooked on a open wood fire / bar be que.

Sunday is the breakfast if you have put your name down for it.

There is a Morrison's shopping centre within 5 minutes walk of the location so fresh food can be purchased daily if you so wish.

The other 3 comps will be the match stick challenge in the 25 metre range, the Si Pittaway 75 metre challenge and a mystery comp that will be uncovered on the Saturday sometime :icon_eek: .

I know that this is standard but I wanted to say it anyway. As we are within a very close proximity of civilian properties and children will be present can I ask that language is kept very clean all the time especially after a beer :laugh: ? I know it wont come to this but if someone over steps the mark too far they will be asked to vacate and leave the TA centre as this is my work and I will be shot come Monday morning.

Shooting insurance is mandatory for anyone shooting over the weekend.

Other than that everyone hopefully will have a real good time, I always do and you will turn up at the next meet in the future.

The Sunday HFT is being run slightly different to the normal HFT range rules so some targets will be closer than and further away than the HFT set down target ranges. There will be a lot of good shots attending this meet so me and Davy wanted to up the stakes a bit. Sitting a target at 45 yards will serve no challenge to some I should imagine so it may be a smaller kill zone than normal at 45 yards or further away :yes: .

A tip between now and then is calibrate your combo up to 75 metres :icon_eek: and know where to aim at a target 2 or 3 yards away :yes: .

Si.

Edited by zini

Oh I forgot to also say that there will be a raffle run and there are some small but good prizes to be won, all donated by regulars and friends of mine and Davy's from YouTube.

Si.

Wor kid won't be coming so I've a spare seat in the car if anyone wants to fuel share from the NE

Darryl

Sorry Wor Kid isn't coming he's a Top lad :yes:

But i've got My HFT Partner back ;):laugh:

atvb Daz 7.

can i have a quick show of hands as to who wanted tattooing again so's i can see what kit i'll need to bring?

i'm setting a maximum of ten over the weekend so i can do some shooting, but if i know who wants what it'll save me a lot of preparation time(more shooting!!).

let me know by pm if you dont want to make your desires public

cheers, wurz

edited to say, i'll be working at less than my normal shop rate cos tattoos are damn expensive these days, but bear in mind that profits will be going to the charity fund so please dont be expecting freebies!!!

and i'll take one of those dvd's off of you when i see you si(keep forgetting to post you some money pal)

Edited by gurtwurz
  • Like 1