June meet 2012 in Nottingham (who is interested?)

I can't say much more than what has already been said about the meet, other than to say I came down from the high of the weekend with a bit of a bump!

I truely had another amazingly fantastic time :notworthy:

A HUGE than you to everyone who was there, the guy's who organised the whole thing, the new people that turned up, it was great to meet you guy's and doll's again and for the first time as well.

The fun, the competitions, the windups, the new friendships that were forged and cemented over the weekend, the facilities, the cooked brekkie on Sunday, the money raised were all awsome (soz Wurz, amercanised I know but who cares eh :thumbs: ).

Also a big thanks to Piannoman for kicking my butt using his springer in the AGDarts; there will be a rematch now that I know the idea of the game :icon_redface::whistling:

More thanks go to Adam (I think, y'awl know what my memory is like) for that Squizzer that you supposedly 'killed' so I could have the meat and the pelt!

Think the heat of the car must have revived him!

post-18667-0-16175600-1339510622.jpg

The Cat went mental with it up here!

post-18667-0-11556100-1339510664_thumb.jpg

LOL, it was of course actually dead, but it was the only place I could put it without the cat trying to snaffle him before I got him skinned and prepped LOL

Also thanks to Darryl for the trade and that amazing Squizzer, Woody and Bunny Curry, simply first class cooking there Sir :victory:

And thanks to Wurz for giving me the needle and doing such a superb job of my tattoo and totally putting me at ease before and during the artwork with your comments and the photo opportunity :D

A big thanks to Chris who offered to drive me down there and back again thus saving me the train fares and hassle of trains!

Again Si, Chaz, and Davy and everyone there:

Thanks for such a spectacular time

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

:signthankspin:

And

Congratulations

to the top shooters

:toast: :toast: :toast:

Tony

• Like 1

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to add my humble and sincerest thanks to Davy, Si and Chas, and to everyone else involved for putting together such a memorable and wonderfully enjoyable weekend of shooting. Absolutely fantastic

Roger, you have nothing to be hung up about your shooting ability mate, no one is gonna laugh or take the pi**, we're more likely to pitch in and help you improve mate!!   Can I also just say of the

What a brilliant weekend,to Si,Davy,Chaz and all who helped organize this years T.H.L meet very well done .Was good to put a face to a name,all top lads/lassies.Defo be going to next years ,will bring

Posted Images

Ha holy crap Tony! i read that and thought it had actually come back to life! :lol:

You had me doubting if i had actually dropped it or not haha! :laugh:

ATB

Adam

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nah,it was a seriously good shot Adam :yes: no broken ribs, pellet ripped the heart well and truely open, I'll pm you the pic if you want? I found the pellet in the lower end of his innerds, still perfectly formed :)

Tony

Just to add my humble and sincerest thanks to Davy, Si and Chas, and to everyone else involved for putting together such a memorable and wonderfully enjoyable weekend of shooting. Absolutely fantastic to meet everyone and see how they shoot with what they have.

Every novice shot here should get to at least one meet a year. The stuff you'll learn from a company of men such as these here, will put your shooting forward by years.

A big thank-you hug to Paul, my shooting mate here, for bringing me over and to Andy (FR1968) who services and fine tunes my spring rifles. It would have been fantastic to have had him with us and I know he's really sore for missing out.

This was my very first attempt at shooting an air rifle HFT course...(I've always been a hunter as far as my air rifle shooting goes.) And I honestly didn't expect to win anything but, just have a bloody good go.

So to win 1st place in the recoiling class with my HW77 .22 is very satisfying :toast: , particularly as I actually had a swollen sore hand from a horsefly bite the night before...And I hope it vindicates something of the championing for accurate spring air rifle shooting I've made and banged on about for years now..

I have learned from competing against some bloody fine lads and witnessing their skills this weekend,, that the PCP has one unconquerable truth.

This type of rifle delivers precision accuracy to a top class shooter faster than a spring rifle does; in other words, you can get two to three accurate shots into a target for one equally clean shot from a spring rifle. A definate advantage when speed and 'first-to-finish-wins' is the objective of competition shooting.

I still won't be buying a PCP...Bloody devil's devices, so I won't expect to win many shooting races with my springers against guys like Adam, Daryl, Chaz and Co. :tongue2:

But, I feel it an honour and a privelledge to be out shooting among such fine company as this, regardless of wins or preferred rifle type/calibre et. al. And what I have learned from meeting and talking to everyone you couldn't put a price on.

The fellowship of this forum and it's members is a wonderful thing to be a part of.

And lads like Chaz, Si, Davy, Wurz, Daryl, Daz (Washes Whiter)7, Webby and everyone attending, go to make up what it is. And I am proud to be among your number.

By the way, my dear Davy and John, I NEVER have hangover problems, even though I could be totally shag-ratted the night before, but, I'll happily swog your grog round a campfire anytime Davy and Wurz my dears!

Then.....

Will someone build me a multi-shot HW77 springer I can go up against these damm PCPs with....?

That would be really something! :victory:

Love and good fortune to you all here.

Simon. Pianoman

• Like 5

hi simon' was great to meet you and your buddy paul,what can i say'WOW' boy can you truely shoot a springer.it was a pleasure to watch you shoot in the darts comp,and on the indoor range' the tiny groupings i witnessed by you and your springer was amazing' :icon_eek: regards chaz. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I can't say much more than what has already been said about the meet, other than to say I came down from the high of the weekend with a bit of a bump!

I truely had another amazingly fantastic time :notworthy:

A HUGE than you to everyone who was there, the guy's who organised the whole thing, the new people that turned up, it was great to meet you guy's and doll's again and for the first time as well.

The fun, the competitions, the windups, the new friendships that were forged and cemented over the weekend, the facilities, the cooked brekkie on Sunday, the money raised were all awsome (soz Wurz, amercanised I know but who cares eh :thumbs: ).

Also a big thanks to Piannoman for kicking my butt using his springer in the AGDarts; there will be a rematch now that I know the idea of the game :icon_redface::whistling:

More thanks go to Adam (I think, y'awl know what my memory is like) for that Squizzer that you supposedly 'killed' so I could have the meat and the pelt!

Think the heat of the car must have revived him!

post-18667-0-16175600-1339510622.jpg

The Cat went mental with it up here!

post-18667-0-11556100-1339510664_thumb.jpg

LOL, it was of course actually dead, but it was the only place I could put it without the cat trying to snaffle him before I got him skinned and prepped LOL

Also thanks to Darryl for the trade and that amazing Squizzer, Woody and Bunny Curry, simply first class cooking there Sir :victory:

And thanks to Wurz for giving me the needle and doing such a superb job of my tattoo and totally putting me at ease before and during the artwork with your comments and the photo opportunity :D

A big thanks to Chris who offered to drive me down there and back again thus saving me the train fares and hassle of trains!

Again Si, Chaz, and Davy and everyone there:

Thanks for such a spectacular time

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

:signthankspin:

And

Congratulations

to the top shooters

:toast: :toast: :toast:

Tony

hysterical woman running round screeming, pellet holes apearing in the walls every where hahaha..ty cheered meup :toast: :toast:

probably a different location

probably a different location

Let me know asap davy so i can arrange to have my rifle sent to local shop close to venue as i will prob have to get train with wife as owning a car with 7 kids is a no no

blimey steve, havent you got a telly mate!?

cheers, wurz

Yes mate we got a few....just the wife likes a regular service lol

Just to add my humble and sincerest thanks to Davy, Si and Chas, and to everyone else involved for putting together such a memorable and wonderfully enjoyable weekend of shooting. Absolutely fantastic to meet everyone and see how they shoot with what they have.

Every novice shot here should get to at least one meet a year. The stuff you'll learn from a company of men such as these here, will put your shooting forward by years.

A big thank-you hug to Paul, my shooting mate here, for bringing me over and to Andy (FR1968) who services and fine tunes my spring rifles. It would have been fantastic to have had him with us and I know he's really sore for missing out.

This was my very first attempt at shooting an air rifle HFT course...(I've always been a hunter as far as my air rifle shooting goes.) And I honestly didn't expect to win anything but, just have a bloody good go.

So to win 1st place in the recoiling class with my HW77 .22 is very satisfying :toast: , particularly as I actually had a swollen sore hand from a horsefly bite the night before...And I hope it vindicates something of the championing for accurate spring air rifle shooting I've made and banged on about for years now..

I have learned from competing against some bloody fine lads and witnessing their skills this weekend,, that the PCP has one unconquerable truth.

This type of rifle delivers precision accuracy to a top class shooter faster than a spring rifle does; in other words, you can get two to three accurate shots into a target for one equally clean shot from a spring rifle. A definate advantage when speed and 'first-to-finish-wins' is the objective of competition shooting.

I still won't be buying a PCP...Bloody devil's devices, so I won't expect to win many shooting races with my springers against guys like Adam, Daryl, Chaz and Co. :tongue2:

But, I feel it an honour and a privelledge to be out shooting among such fine company as this, regardless of wins or preferred rifle type/calibre et. al. And what I have learned from meeting and talking to everyone you couldn't put a price on.

The fellowship of this forum and it's members is a wonderful thing to be a part of.

And lads like Chaz, Si, Davy, Wurz, Daryl, Daz (Washes Whiter)7, Webby and everyone attending, go to make up what it is. And I am proud to be among your number.

By the way, my dear Davy and John, I NEVER have hangover problems, even though I could be totally shag-ratted the night before, but, I'll happily swog your grog round a campfire anytime Davy and Wurz my dears!

Then.....

Will someone build me a multi-shot HW77 springer I can go up against these damm PCPs with....?

That would be really something! :victory:

Love and good fortune to you all here.

Simon. Pianoman

There is such a Rifle for you Simon our Spring Rifle "Yoda Master" its called a Theoben SLR Multishot gas Ram, Has the Rapid mags and the nice thud of a Recoiler.

Here is some photo's of my permission. Chaz buddy, i would like to report that the seat is comfortable for a couple of hours. It had its first outing today to my main permission, i have given you a link to show what i'm up against. I carried it to over half way into the wood to the tall birch trees that is where the crows and the like come normally to shout and make a serious noise. But after three hours sat under them i returned home to report that i didn't see any birds, squirrels or a rabbit. I think what must of put them off was me going round and round calling out WEEeeeeeeeeeeeee.

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w440/rogerwcrook/Rogers%20permission/

Next outing for it will be in the edge of field and wood behind camo netting.

• Like 1