Intradine

Guest bezza

I'm thinking of starting up with British birds again. I gave up in disgust after losing so many birds through going light.Even though I used intradine once I had them on the sticks, I still lost the majority of the youngsters. Anybody any idea where I was going wrong.?

You need to give your birds a sulpha drug (Intradine) from the time they jump the nest until they are completely through the moult, the dosage is 5ml to 1 litre of water.

Have a look at the article in the link below it was written by a well respected Birdman......

http://www.nativebirds.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=28

WELL LADS ,

ONE THING IVE SEEN MYSELF OVER THE YRS IS LADS WHO CONSTANTLY MEDICATED STOCK ,

FROM FARMERS TO BIRD MEN ,

ONE FARMER I KNEW COULDNT KEEP HIS PIGS ALIVE AFTER YRS OF MEDICATING ON TYLAN TO THE POINT WHERE ALL HIS STOCKS RESISTANCE TO CERTAIN BUGS HAD GONE ,........ THE ONLY OPTION HE HAD WAS TO CULL HIS ENTIRE STOCK AND RESTART !

IVE SEEN THE SAME THING WITH BIRDMEN OF EVERY DESCRIPTION ..........

THERE AN OLD SAYING THAT A PINCH OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE .........

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The only drug I give my birds is a sulpha drug from the start of the moult until the end of the moult, I believe its neccessary particularly for greenfinches, otherwise a sick bird is given heat, maw seed , perilla seed some soaked seed and with goldfinches niger. Wild food fed in abundance is a great preventative when available.