• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dog did it with candlestick in the dining room lol

My guess would be Buzzard or Sparrowhawk

Wouldn't happen to be somewhere north of the border would it??   Wouldn't matter where the birds came from anyway, in the words of a post in a recent topic........the Sparrowhawks are 'as hard as fe

yes your probably right

I would say goshawk as adult pheasants normaly a bit big and strong for sparrowhawk and buzzard this time of year

Hen Sparrowhawk would be quite capable of killing, but not carrying off. That was my thoughts when it appeared the birds were left where they were, and there's not that much seems to have been eaten.

yes your probably right

I would say goshawk as adult pheasants normaly a bit big and strong for sparrowhawk and buzzard this time of year

Hen Sparrowhawk would be quite capable of killing, but not carrying off. That was my thoughts when it appeared the birds were left where they were, and there's not that much seems to have been eaten.

If thats a mature hen pheasant then its not a spar......Probably been a buzzard? Normally start on the breast in my experiance....?....Its a mystery... :hmm:

yes your probably right

If thats a mature hen pheasant then its not a spar......Probably been a buzzard? Normally start on the breast in my experiance....?....Its a mystery... :hmm:

Got a Sparrowhawk taking them now. Doing exact same thing as looks like in the pic, dropping on them, keeping hold and starting eating from the rear while they're still alive :thumbs:

yes your probably right

Got a Sparrowhawk taking them now. Doing exact same thing as looks like in the pic, dropping on them, keeping hold and starting eating from the rear while they're still alive :thumbs:

well mate if your seeing it then I won't disagree but you must be the unluckiest keeper 'in' the world that gets full grown birds taken by a spar.....:-(

yes your probably right

well mate if your seeing it then I won't disagree but you must be the unluckiest keeper 'in' the world that gets full grown birds taken by a spar.....:-(

I can well believe it mate these fen x things I have this year are tiny the hens don't go much more than a pound a bloody musket could take them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

yes your probably right

I don't think it's that common for Sparrowhawks to kill mature Pheasants, but this isn't the first time it's happened, and once one gets the hang of it, well that's it :( . Once it gets to this time of year all the kills have been the smaller Hens.

yes your probably right

I don't think it's that common for Sparrowhawks to kill mature Pheasants, but this isn't the first time it's happened, and once one gets the hang of it, well that's it :( . Once it gets to this time of year all the kills have been the smaller Hens.

I don't see how they manage to "get the hang off it"???... You hear me dan?.... Lol