does anybody no any game keepers in oxfordshire that are taking on apprenticeship

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh I dont really agree with that, many of the younger keepers in the job are clever enough to realise what a handy tool a good lurcher can be.......do keep up with the times old boy

Praise the lord!..I mean, Gerfalcon. Do apologies

Gerfalcon it looks like it's not just lurchers you find a nuisance. I'm surprised you are willing to write to anyone on this site seeing that we are sewer rats or are you trying to save the righteous

If you know, then you know.........you obviously dont, for whatever reason, so we shall just leave it there.

The truth will always out ;)

Are you talking in riddles?

If I know , I know what? If you're looking for a specific answer you'll have to ask a specific question. Ask broad question all you get is broad answers. Then the answer is no.

That is the truth of the matter :boogy:

If you can't be specific, then its best that we leave it there.

Edited by gerfalcon

As we don't shoot ground game or foxes on shoot days. The answer is still no.

You'll need to be considerably more specific. As the lawyer would say in the film Philadelphia. Explain it to me like I was a 6 year old. Detail, detail, detail.

So you dont shoot foxes on shoot day......i thought you mixed with the old timers? I'm pretty sure the older guys would want a safe shot fox to be shot.....no?

As we don't shoot ground game or foxes on shoot days. The answer is still no.

You'll need to be considerably more specific. As the lawyer would say in the film Philadelphia. Explain it to me like I was a 6 year old. Detail, detail, detail.

I think wilf is talking more about fox driving/bolting etc rather than a formal shoot day and obviously in the days when it was legal. Dogs can have (did have) a use but I still wouldn't use that to justify an applicant for a job having a lurcher. I would rather call on a fully paid up messer such as the aforementioned poster! :tongue2:

Ah, I see! Given the fact that I believe that lurchers are more of a nuisance than an asset on such occasions for a number of reasons. I firmly believe that a well schooled team of guns will do a far more efficient and effective job. For me fox control is a serious occupational requirement not a sport to get your weekend jollies from.My answer is still, no!

Any applicant that made it known that they owned a lurcher would certainly rule themselves out of the job selection process.

Gerfalcon it looks like it's not just lurchers you find a nuisance. I'm surprised you are willing to write to anyone on this site seeing that we are sewer rats or are you trying to save the righteous and bring them up to your fresh air?

You do like your big words :laugh: As for us having "strong flavours", thats just human nature, yet it doesn't mean we let that taint our decisions when moderating.

I like most words big , or small. In the right context and the right place. Of course.

There are approximately 750k words in the English language of which approximately 220k are in everyday usage. Your average university graduate has a vocabulary of approximately 6K= depending upon the subject and the university. Your average Daily Star reader has a vocabulary of less than 1k. The average HTL member...........well who am I to judge. :lol:

We are all subject to human nature. What matters is what you do with it. You can opt to get down in the sewers with the rats and the detritus or you can opt to climb the stairs to the fresh air.

Personally I prefer the fresh air.

It is blatantly obvious that you allow the strong flavours to proliferate. You only have to glance at the language used on a great number of posts to appreciate that.

Is that good, do you like being associated with the language of the gutter, do you like to see it used in every other post, or would you prefer to be associated with and see something more positive?

• Like 1

Not having a saluki bull greyhound lurcher will also help. :thumbs:

Oh I dont really agree with that, many of the younger keepers in the job are clever enough to realise what a handy tool a good lurcher can be.......do keep up with the times old boy :D

Wilf

No lad with a lurcher would get an interview let alone a job with any of the headkeepers and single handed keepers that I am acquainted with. For a number of reasons, that we are all very aware of.

Bigot's like yourself are one of the main reasons the ban was put in place, tell me why you look at lurchers in such a dim light??

Not having a saluki bull greyhound lurcher will also help. :thumbs:

Oh I dont really agree with that, many of the younger keepers in the job are clever enough to realise what a handy tool a good lurcher can be.......do keep up with the times old boy :D

Wilf

No lad with a lurcher would get an interview let alone a job with any of the headkeepers and single handed keepers that I am acquainted with. For a number of reasons, that we are all very aware of.

Bigot's like yourself are one of the main reasons the ban was put in place, tell me why you look at lurchers in such a dim light??

Because he doesnt have the patience, fieldcraft, skill, determination and passion to bring an 8 week old pup on and turn it into a great animal. If he did he would change his mind sharpish.

Its far easier to go and buy a box of shells.

And he is not a sportsman as if he was he would see the merits of running dogs as a way of controlling animals in a sporting manner.

He is just an over opinionated prick.

Anyway Im off to roll some deer on the lamp.

LOL

FTB

Gerfalcon it looks like it's not just lurchers you find a nuisance. I'm surprised you are willing to write to anyone on this site seeing that we are sewer rats or are you trying to save the righteous and bring them up to your fresh air?

You do like your big words :laugh: As for us having "strong flavours", thats just human nature, yet it doesn't mean we let that taint our decisions when moderating.

I like most words big , or small. In the right context and the right place. Of course.

There are approximately 750k words in the English language of which approximately 220k are in everyday usage. Your average university graduate has a vocabulary of approximately 6K= depending upon the subject and the university. Your average Daily Star reader has a vocabulary of less than 1k. The average HTL member...........well who am I to judge. :lol:

We are all subject to human nature. What matters is what you do with it. You can opt to get down in the sewers with the rats and the detritus or you can opt to climb the stairs to the fresh air.

Personally I prefer the fresh air.

It is blatantly obvious that you allow the strong flavours to proliferate. You only have to glance at the language used on a great number of posts to appreciate that.

Is that good, do you like being associated with the language of the gutter, do you like to see it used in every other post, or would you prefer to be associated with and see something more positive?

Praise the lord!..I mean, Gerfalcon. Do apologies :whistling:

• Like 2

True, its not just lurchers that I find a nuisance.

I have no evangelical desire or ambition to save anyone. I have always felt that each individual has the capacity within themselves to do that. Should they be willing. I fully understand that some just don't know they are sewer rats, and that some just like being sewer rats.