UP THE DALES,,,this weeks adventure

had our weekly trip up north last night, meeting up with the cumbrian crew, they had Don , and i had Venus.. the plan was to meet at 10pm,, giving them chance to have half an hour on a little spot befor we met up,,, they were out the car 17 mins,, and bagged 10 ,, wich is a great start but not one that would continue.

whilst waiting for them i had a look on a little spot, and bagged 8 in a half hour or so,, i was just finishing as there motor came down the lane,, the problem this night was the fog,,, real thik on the tops,, but windy as well,, very strange conditions,

we then went down on to the lower farms to escape the fog,,, but it was proving difficult,, i droped lucky walking one side of the farm bagging a respectable 14,, whilst they were strugling with low numbers of rabbits on the ground,, and fog that kept rolling in.. they managed 7 when we met back at the car...

so we moved on again ,, i had a quik 2 from pulling in to one little spot,, then mooving right down the vally bottom near the river, i puled in to one of my fields and there were a good few kicking around, so ten mins later 7 in the bag,, but feck me they stank and i had cow shit all over my hands, as the field had just been muck spreaded,, they had picked up 3 in the field behind.

again we mooved on ,, at this point i had 31,, and poacherspocket and flying carpet had 20,, again we split up . it was becoming apparant that Venus was tiring she was missing far to many, but i was fortunate to just get the extra 9 , to make an even 40,, back at the motor and they had 14 making 34 for don.

all in all a good night,, but one of changing fortunes,,

today060.jpg

today061.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had our weekly trip up north last night, meeting up with the cumbrian crew, they had Don , and i had Venus.. the plan was to meet at 10pm,, giving them chance to have half an hour on a little spot bef

well done lads ..some good hauls over the last couple of months..long may it continue for yers...dogs are doing really well...

Cheers for the run Tomo,was glad to see Venus reach 40 last night,she has been on fire these past few trips and is running at the top of her game just now? I did kind of predict + after our last trip

they be a book wrote soon by darcy about who wiped the the rabbits of the dales and their yous will be with all the pictures haha and the tilte saying say these are the lads that extint the rabbit from the dales haha ,goodjob lads and dogs :thumbs:

finished at 4 am,,,, theres bits and bobs round me ,, i just dont post what i catch local but i typicaly get half dozen pluss various,,, dales are 2 and a half hours from me 250 mile round trip.

nice one Tomo and the Lads.. a very respactable score under tricky conditions..

ps... wheres the pies man !

remember what we spoke about,, waking up thinking your still driving,,,, i screamed out loud,, the dog jumped up and started baking,,, i felt a right tit,,lol

nice one Tomo and the Lads.. a very respactable score under tricky conditions..

ps... wheres the pies man !

remember what we spoke about,, waking up thinking your still driving,,,, i screamed out loud,, the dog jumped up and started baking,,, i felt a right tit,,lol

bloody hell mate...i've just spit mi toast and coffee all over mi comp... i did it on monday night...ended up stopping twice..got home at 10.30am.

you were funny the other night when you kept nodding off and jumping up awake.... trouble is for me..it seems to take a full day to recover from these marathon drives and hard nights stomping the hills..its like ive been on the ale and got a bad hangover for 24 hours after..

Suppose its our age catching up with us...LOL.

enjoy reading about these dale trips, seem to be a few rabbits kicking about, in that way i envy you nothing local to 60miles of me really scraping around for double figures in runs, what distance do you have to travel to get these numbers? :thumbs:

thanks again Tomo, great night i loved it!! Shame about the fog but it don't really matter we still got a great score!

Got my personal best of 74 in a night so i was very happy, Don ran a blinder only missed 3-4 rabbits all night.. :thumbs:

Guest storm70

Good post and well done to the lads liked the look of yr rabbit pie was it as good as the roe pie tomo youse had another goodnight my big pots always boiling way game in garage keep at them atb bob