Taxidermy learning curve :)

recently found out a buddy of mine who I've known a good while but not close, has been a bit shy in telling me they're a qualified Taxidermist, they thought I'd be insulted or something lol but its great!! I've told them all about my hunting with lurchers and we both have ferrets and I will am helping out to sort a mountain goat with them next week!!! BRING IT ON!! seen their work and its stunning, red stags, fallow bucks, foxes, badgers -road kill of course,ram, elk from america owls, pheasents, etc not just the normal stance either, seen a beautiful one of two stags turning against each other rutting on the wall -must confess it takes up some space!! but really looks the part! I am loving each conversation we have and really looking forward to getting my hands in! have always veiwed it as artwork and wondered about doing a course and now I am doing it instead of a cuppa! :)

will be a couple of weeks I think but I'll pop up some photos if any one is interested?

all the best Fallow

I'll pop up some photos if any one is interested?

Sounds great,it is artistic,recreation of life in death,I am sure you can learn a lot,I used to have the world taxidermy championships on DVD and remember some 9 year old girl mounted a white-tail or mule deer,her pops helped her with the formwork,but her eye for detail was amazing for a kid,look forward to the pics.

wow that sounds good! just had a phone call they've had a fantastic red stag with antlers come in but the neck has been cut too short, once another deer comes in with a better cut neck we'll be putting the antlers on that deers head, they are massive, not the biggest but beautifully balanced. so sad that the first animal couldn't be used, such a shame all because the person didn't know where to cut..

WOW!! thats amazing! I'd struggle to think how to paint that scene let alone make it! loved the fox cub chasing the cockeral too, wasn't a fan of the reflection white tail bucks but admire the ability and skill behind it much perferred the whitetail buck mounted with two hinds, loved the peocock and hen complete with chicks but the best without out doubt is the first one!!

check it out guys!! WOW thanks for posting that really liked looking at it, all the best