BSA Scorpion SE accuracy test with JSB Exact pellets

Hi lads and lasses,

Well as I’ve been posting for about the past 6 to 10 weeks while I’ve been in Canada saying that the new BSA Scorpion SE is the dog’s dangles and as accurate as a rifle costing in excess of £1000.

I thought it was about time today I got out with my camera and SE to put my statement to the test and to prove it to you.

Today wasn’t the best conditions for testing a rifle as there was a breeze constantly changing direction on my zero range, but as you will see from the clip the SE did itself proud and produced some brilliant results under the circumstances.

Before you watch the video clip please be aware that my BSA Scorpion SE is a factory standard rifle, not tuned, not regged and not played about with.

Its internals are exactly how they were when the rifle came from the BSA factory.

The only 2 things that are different with the rifle is my stock which I’ve re coloured to a shade I like and I’ve also fitted a BSA VC silencer.

Hope you enjoy the clip

Cheers

Si.

Edited

Here is the link to part 1 of the clip, part 2 will follow after.

http://s1121.photobu...xactpellets.mp4

Here is the link to part 2 of the clip

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l510/Zinaroon/?action=view&current=BSAScorpionSEaccuracytestwithJSBExactpelletspart2.mp4

Edited by zini
  • Like 1

Part 2 is just uploading now.

Sorry for the delay, Photobucket only allows 10 mins of video and for some reason Youtube dont like the file.

Si

Edited by zini

Hi Wedge bud,

Yep i spoke to Ghostmaker about them and the Bowkett Facebook site.

I think the SE will become a BSA all time great rifle mate.

They just seem to have hit the perfect design straight out the box giving lovely balance, outstanding accuracy, great consistancy (mine as a 5 fps total deviation over 20 shots) which is pretty awesome for a unregged rifle and great looks all at a fair price.

Si.

hi Si

nice footage buddy :thumbs:

and a good point to mention,you don't need a regulator in most rifles!

I tried one once,and binned it :thumbdown:

much prefer to self calibrate,and rely on my experience and the rifle

I take it that the SE is .177 as the hold over is very close to my AAS410K .177

speak soon

Davy

Hi torchey,

I would say if you were taliking about a single shot Ultra and not a multi shot i would have to choose the Ultra as the better choice due to the very low price and high quality. Your talking around £309 for a SS Ultra instead of £570 for a multi shot SE, so there is a big difference.

Its really down to personal choice though as alot of people dont like how you cock a Ultra. Me personally i dont find it a problem and actually find it very safe and fast.

The accuracy you get from a Ultra straight out the box i have to say is also staggering and i could probably get the same accuracy if im honest out of my partners Ultra as easy as i am getting it from my Scorpion SE. Im quite happy to prove ths on camera as well if Im not believed by people.

I think that too many people look at the size of the rifle, the price tag and the shot count of only 30 in .177 and think the Ultra is a poor mans rifle or a cheap lower quality alternative accuracy wise to a more expensive rifle.

This chain of thought is very wrong and actually the Ultra is one of my favourite rifles to hunt with. 30 rabbits is more than most can carry.

Got to say the SE is a lovely multi shot rifle though and if someone is seriously looking for a great multi shot thats very accurate i would look at it.

Si

Edited by zini