what break barrel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And how exactly do you know that with such certainty, Tony????

Look for the 60 or the 55 over the SMK, they are identical, repeat, identical, to the Webley Stingray mark 2, only with a better safety catch than the Webley, trust me!

Keep looking for an HW95, google it, then select pages under a month old and pages from the UK only, you should find one in your price range.

If not, go for the Hatsan!

Mike, The Edgar Bros Mod 55 and Mod 60 are made by Hatsan Arms :thumbs:

Tony

Tony I have owned both an Edgar/Hatsan 60 and a Webley Stingray, I could have saved a fist full of cash by buying a 55 trust me! I know who they are made by,the Webley Raider is an inferior AT44!

I just called it an Edgar as most people advertise them as an Edgar to try and hide their true origin, damned fine stocks though!

They are better than the 208 in my opinion, they are copies of a British design made in the same factory, same barrels, same internals! Trust me, you are saving money buying an Edgar/Hatsan over a Webley (new that is)...

Having a look on the web for the 95....

Do not buy an SMK

Do not buy a Hatstand

Do not buy any other cheapo crapo chinese/turkish/tiawanese rubbish

Take your cash and buy the best quality gun you can get,, secondhand if need be,, even a webley, Think older BSA,, 120 quid will buy you a Goldstar /Superstar,, both AMAZING guns,, maybe an older TX200,, Webely eclipse ( SUPERB guns,, sweetest shooting webley ever),, just avoid cheap crap chinese/Turkish junk

And thats better th the smk 208

It's a bit like comparing shit with champagne thumbs.gif

Check your local gun shop, see what they have on the part ex rack. If it's a good shop the guns will be checked over and may even come with a short warranty. Always better to try before you buy

In your price range an old Weihrauch or BSA look a good bet. Find yourself a tidy Lightning (Birmingham made) and when funds permit fit a gasram ,very tidy, almost a Fenman , which is the best break barrel I've ever shot

Following on from the above analogy, Champagne gets better with age and shit.......hmm.gif

Do not buy an SMK

Do not buy a Hatstand

Do not buy any other cheapo crapo chinese/turkish/tiawanese rubbish

Take your cash and buy the best quality gun you can get,, secondhand if need be,, even a webley, Think older BSA,, 120 quid will buy you a Goldstar /Superstar,, both AMAZING guns,, maybe an older TX200,, Webely eclipse ( SUPERB guns,, sweetest shooting webley ever),, just avoid cheap crap chinese/Turkish junk

Don't be so harsh RA ;)

Did you know that most of the Webly's are now made in Turkey by none other than "The HATSAN ARMS CORPORATION"

In fact one of the most accurate of all the intro target pistols is called the Webley ALECTO :thumbs: Nearly all plastic polymer and they are an absolute dream to shoot :yes: oh and they were both designed and built by Atac Arms who are a Turkish company :)

Its all well ang good people slagging off the chinks, turks and other foreign manufacturers, but the fact is that even the most prestigious companies (not just airgun makers) are outsourcing to China and other foreign nations just like they used to do with the Jap Crap :yes:

Tony

Check your local gun shop, see what they have on the part ex rack. If it's a good shop the guns will be checked over and may even come with a short warranty. Always better to try before you buy

In your price range an old Weihrauch or BSA look a good bet. Find yourself a tidy Lightning (Birmingham made) and when funds permit fit a gasram ,very tidy, almost a Fenman , which is the best break barrel I've ever shot

Following on from the above analogy, Champagne gets better with age and shit.......hmm.gif

All second hand stuff purchased through a business comes with a minimum 12 weeks (three months) warrenty by law! If it doesn't then trading standards would like to hear about it ;)

Tony