what break barrel

I know Tony, which is why when we found that the springer we had gone to buy for Mary was a right handed stock, not an ambi (as described by the seller), it wound up being mine, which is why I have an Air Arms (yes even Mole now has an Air Arms) TX200, mark one rifle. You need a springer to actually keep your rifle handling skills up I think!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And how exactly do you know that with such certainty, Tony????

The Bam's are the ones sold over in the states, as are Westlake.

The early chinese were notorious for being crap, I once saw a pic of the muzzle of one of the early ones the bore was about 3mm off centre!!

Modern chinese ones are now far superior to what they once were.

Bit like the early Japanese stuff, known as 'Jap Crap' now look at the quality they put out.

I woudn't say they are the very best for the money, (especially if its an earlier version) have a look at the Edgar Brothers range etc.

You may even find a decent 2nd hand springer in the sales section here thats already been run in.

I love mine to bits and I used to get very good results with it.

If you do go for a chinese rifle register here http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php you will be suprised how many of the names you will recognise from here. They are a wealth of information about virtually every chinese rifle ever made :yes:

Tony

Tony

If you can find the HW95 for that price, go for it :yes: As Mike say's a truely Superb Rifle :yes:

Edgar Brothers are decent, but the trigger is heavier than the XS19 and a little bit rough as well, but after a while it smooths out somewhat.

I've not used the Gamo that you mention, so can't really comment on that one.

Tony

Look for the 60 or the 55 over the SMK, they are identical, repeat, identical, to the Webley Stingray mark 2, only with a better safety catch than the Webley, trust me!

Keep looking for an HW95, google it, then select pages under a month old and pages from the UK only, you should find one in your price range.

If not, go for the Hatsan!