what break barrel

Hi just some help i have all ways had pcp but i am getting back in to shooting. So i am looking for a cheap bb rifle some think with 11 to 12 lbs do you have any makes i can have a look at must have silencers and scopes. It will be for hunting birds

Edited by clifford 11

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And how exactly do you know that with such certainty, Tony????

I have a Hatsan 60 in bits some where that was my 1st rifle but that dont help much looking to spend no more then 120. i will be looking in to getting a Hatsan 55 next season but just wont a cheap bb for the fram i have for now

This may sound like a daft question, but if you've got a 60 in bits then why not put if back together? They're not a bad rifle and plenty good enough for knocking about on a farm.

Many slate the Chinese guns :yes:

However I have an XS19 on the wall above me now :) Its the gun that got me into hunting and I've found it to be very accurate when handled correctly and consistantly :yes:

The trigger is a bit heavy and I'm still thinking of putting a Charlie Da Tuner GRT trigger into it to make it nice and sweet.

But hey, for the money the XS19 is pretty fecking awsome piece of kit. It's a copy of a gamo hunter and one of the HW's (I forget which one though).

Tony

HI mate,

What do you regard as being cheap?

If your pretty well off a HW95K would be my first choice for a break barrel rifle over all others. You can get good second hand ones for £150. Scopes and mounts are about £30 to £40 pound from Ramsbottom and they are pretty good too.

The HW95K comes with a HW silencer which is very good and had one of the best triggers currently available on a spring piston rifle.

Si

Edited by zini

Zini was comparing the price to a secondhand HW Tony, I thought that with all the tuning kits etc and fitting them, he could be getting to the price of a new 95! That is what I said, I think! I just re-read it! I did. By the time a gunsmith has stripped it, degreased it, relubed it, fitted whatever tuning kit and replaced the trigger, you could be talking the think end of £300 with the rates some professionals charge! I know the gun is £80 to start with, trigger kit well states price is $32 ish, so say £28 when you have imported it, then gunsmiths charges can easily mount, unless he can find some noble soul from here to do it cheaper...

I get your drift now Mike,

The only two things I've done to my XS19 is Dampened the transfered noise from the action (bit of felt/foam/rubber between the metal and wood) and had a silencer put on the end.

It's very accurate for such a cheap rifle, I just need to get some more range time with it again :yes: PCP's make one sooooo lazy you know :whistling:

Tony