Difference of opinion

just woundering did any one every get a lad out hunting and said that he was not putting his dog in the hole and wat was his excuse i did many moons a go with my old dog mick my mate said he done this earth befour and the qurry was to big so put my dog in dug to him and got 4 qurry in the one hole a good days work for the old boy and by the way it was very quite on the way home in the car that was about 16 years ago never had that problim any more

"aye aint puttin Bawney in there" haha class that was!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went out with some lads years ago, One fella said bang your dog in there at the bottom of a feck off big hill (mountain) i looked round no other holes, i said you bang your dog in, he said we will l

ffs a digs a dig did`nt realise people choose the depths of em these days ....

If i had someone up for a days diging,i dont think i would take them to an earth that we would be stuck at all day,what would be the point if say they had maybe 3 terriers with them and you wanted to

wat the dogs for. to sit and look how nice they are. or hunt or work them no matter wat dep the are .it up to the man in qus and if he said i not putting my dog in. that would be the last time i would askhim to come hunting myself my dog would be gone that wat he is there for

come on out to me then ive a nice earth for Murt.. you know the 1 i mean!! i wud have no problem workin any of my dogs in any earth but its digging dog & game out thats a fcuker.. we were in this earth for 9 hrs and 14 foot.. nice test for the dog but i wudnt go back and do it again..

i no the one...c**t of aplace

Guest dee mac

if asking someone out on a dig and you ve a few bigger places in mind then what i think would show your genuine is too toss a coin heads your own dog goes in tails the guests dog goes in then they ll see your willing too enter your own dog and not trying too pull a fast one ps i ve been asked out on many occasions and have been asked too drop a dog in some hairy looking places but nice feeling when you get the job done . :thumbs:

If i had someone up for a days diging,i dont think i would take them to an earth that we would be stuck at all day,what would be the point if say they had maybe 3 terriers with them and you wanted to see them work,nothing wrong with 5..6footers when there is guests.Every man knows the deep or awkward ones in his area,and if we are all truthfull we tend to stay clear of them,there's testing a dog and there's been stupid,why put a dog at risk for the sake of a big ego,there is plenty of 8..9ft holes about us that we dig,but we know them and have dug them a few times and the diging is not bad,but we do them when we are out ourselves.jmho,atb.

• Like 3

It's new permission and we've only had one dig there last weekend, there plenty to go at there. We could have asked him on our old permission but it's very hit an miss, so I thought as he's had a bit if a journey I would go to a place where we would have more of a chance of a dig!!

fair enough..

A few years back i took some visiting lads to a spot that had never failed to hold but could be a bit of a b*****d as the quarry was always on it's toes.Due i think to the fact that the farmer always had a few russells running about the farm and they were having a go when they felt like it.On this particular day 3 of their dogs were tried and all failed to get a result,Comments were made about taking them to a bad spot,So i felt a bit of a twat but knew that it wasn't somewhere that i'd avoid with my own dogs having dug it many times (and failed a couple of times) So when they went back to their b&b i returned to the earth with a dog and dug it successfully.The photo on my phone later that night when we had a few pints went down like a lead balloon...

At the end of the day if its digable and on permission you drop a dog in !! if he dont want to then there dogs proabably aren't up to scratch. Should be no excuses?? You can only find out if its a hard earth or not unless you try it. some run straight up and are easier than you think.. no point going out unless you try it.. :huh:

If i had someone up for a days diging,i dont think i would take them to an earth that we would be stuck at all day,what would be the point if say they had maybe 3 terriers with them and you wanted to see them work,nothing wrong with 5..6footers when there is guests.Every man knows the deep or awkward ones in his area,and if we are all truthfull we tend to stay clear of them,there's testing a dog and there's been stupid,why put a dog at risk for the sake of a big ego,there is plenty of 8..9ft holes about us that we dig,but we know them and have dug them a few times and the diging is not bad,but we do them when we are out ourselves.jmho,atb.

a pity fatman every one had not got the same opinion as you alot of people invite lads out to see dogs fail in holes

that they would not put a dog in them selves its my opinion that if you bring a chap on an ivite to a deep place at

least have the honesty to put your own dog in if he does not like it.

other wise afew digs would be ideal so different dogs can be worked

mack

I agree with most of the comments but I would like to here if there is a reason for the man not being keen on is mate working his dogs in the earths at this place

Has marshman worked is dogs on this land

If your mate picks his earths then I would not want a pup