Clay Lessons North East

Still waiting for the SGC but I want to learn to hit some clays before I go hunting.

Could anyone help point me in the right direction for a club in the North East, ideally Sunderland Area?

That can hire guns etc. and won't take my eyes out too much; all the websites don't say the price...

So I’m guessing its guna be a fair whack

Thanks in advance people

Not in your Area, but a very good place (Shugborough Hall) milford stafford. But if you ask at this place they might know other Area's near you .But regards shooting live and clays, dont forget that, a clay will always be starting to slow down, when its left the the trap.Where as live stuff (bird+rabbit) will gaining speed. If shooting( still) quarry then you will be ok.The thing with shotgun shootin, with moving targets or quarry, is you got to remember to keep gun moving and pull the trigger on the move. And that(trigger on the move is most dont do, most people stop when on the target . Just a couple of tips, ive shot for 30 years, and still miss few lol Ray

Not in your Area, but a very good place (Shugborough Hall) milford stafford. But if you ask at this place they might know other Area's near you .But regards shooting live and clays, dont forget that, a clay will always be starting to slow down, when its left the the trap.Where as live stuff (bird+rabbit) will gaining speed. If shooting( still) quarry then you will be ok.The thing with shotgun shootin, with moving targets or quarry, is you got to remember to keep gun moving and pull the trigger on the move. And that(trigger on the move is most dont do, most people stop when on the target . Just a couple of tips, ive shot for 30 years, and still miss few lol Ray

Thanks for the advice mate; I'd like to take the clays up alongside hunting. I've heard it like driving and it's a good idea to get some lessons with an instructor. Either way it’s going to be a hell of a lot different to my air rifles. :laugh:

• 1 month later...

again mate not in your area but steve smiths at dinnington (not far from newcastle airprot) is a good ground, not really sure of the prices but they have a website u could ring up and ask before makeing the journey :thumbs:

Cheers mate, I've been getting lessons at hardwick clays in Trimdon £32 for 50 clays and all gear and carts.

I'm really enjoying it, its a diffrent came to my air guns! Just need my lience through the door now had my interview 4 weeks ago!

lol yup it sure is different! i only had air guns before i got my sgc, learnt very soon after i got it how different it was, sure u'll enjoy it all the same though! atb shaun

Aye your right there, not doing too bad though 38 out of 50 last Sunday I was buzzing! Mate i've noticed that you have a bettinsoli dimond x ,how would you rate it?, Just for the price they look the dogs nuts.

Cheers James

I can imagine mate it's hard enough getting permission for rabbits with air guns. I was thinking about joining that NPPC or that Pest Rid club, Could involve a bit of driving but if the sports good ...

Edited by fenton88