LIVARNO/LUX CREE TORCHES AT LIDLS

ALRIGHT GIRLS.

THIS WEEK AT LIDLS THERE SELLING LIVARNO/LUX CREE TORCHES.

GOOD TIGHT BEAM 7HR BURN TIME .

POWERED BY 2 LR20 BATTERIES 1FT LONG .

SHOCK PROOF /WATERPROOM/3YR WARRENTY.

ALUMINIUM CASEING ,WIDE /N/TIGHT FOCUS,.

219M BEAM BRILLIANT WHITE LIGHT.

CHEAP 14.99.

Ive been testing my little set ups again...the probs i found with the Cree LEDs is the colour of the spot is too bright white/blue coloured..the reflections of the eyes are all wrong..bunnies eyes are white a bit like glass..and not red like when you use halogen bulbs.

Ive just got a loads of filters to try out..and i think i might have got it sussed..ive been testing different filters to try and get one that gives me the same reflections as halogen..

the spot is also very small and tight with very little spill on my LEDs.. i use an aspheric lens on a Mag thats got a custon LED drop in cree and also a Tiablo A9 with aspheric kit..absolutely awsum for shooting with..my mate uses one with a 22 bullet gun and its unbelievable.

for lamping with the dogs it might not be enough spread of beam for most people...but its great for bunnies in small fields and paddocks etc etc..beam is easy capable of going as far as striker etc etc just not as much side spill and spread.

I have just ordered a big 75mm aspheric lens..i have high hopes for that being made into a propper lamping torch kit.

its them aspherical lens what make all the difference..

and ive sussed out the colour filter.. its a light amber/straw coloured fliter and that makes the colour of Led very similar to halogen and now the eyes are red again..

im now going to go back to my old original thread from a long time ago and update it..

Bought one of the lidl ones-awesome beam. It is way more than 100 lmns. I have a masterlite scopemount that is 250 lmns cost me £120-the cheap one is at least twice as bright and gives a nice tight beam a lot further than the masterlight.

I've also got a led lenser P7-smaller and more compact but the beam is nowhere near as bright or tight as the lidl one. The cree led is 3 watt against 1.4 in the lenser.

You can definitely use it for lamping smallish fields with dog or gun.

I'm a bit of a lamp/torch nut like vin and always on the look out for the perfect,tight beam with no side scatter and can honestly say this is the best torch beam i've ever seen for a 2 cell unit.

At £15 they're a steal. 3 year guarantee-you cant go wrong!

Edited by stormyboy