if you can hunt you can work!!!

down the road from me a 70 year old man who had lived in the same house since birth and never married or left home, worked all his life for the midland red as a machanic, lived with his mother until she died the other year, rent had been paid on the house for well over 70 years never mind a 25 year morgage. as his name wasn`t on the rent book he had to get out after the death of his mother. he and his mother had paid for that house several times over and deserve more respect than that, greed is/has taken over the world

i bught my grand parents bungalow for them from the council they lived in it untill they died rent free :thumbs:

Lots of folk do that.......you make a packet!!.. :thumbs:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not that they think they are owed a house. The council house was introduced, to stop unscrupulous landlords. Also to keep a work force within in the town. Not all people living in council propert

got a mate at 40 never worked a day or payed tax in his life married 3 kids 2 which dont work 4 bedroom house car phone computor all mod cons ive worked payed tax for 34 years work was quiet went to s

very stereo typical that cookie, both my parents are dead and my wifes parents none went into a nursing home. foriegn people have different values when it comes to homes but i for one believe an engli

That's all very well buying parents/ grandparents houses , if your going to keep the property in the family. However most don't and are only in it for a few bucks! Then the problem of shortage of council homes arises.

my grandparents where living in a shit hole the council had no plans to improve -- i had it rewired put central heating in redecorated it had a garage built and fenced it off - the money they saved in me not charging them rent paid for them to have a decent holiday every year and run a car i covered thr winter heating bills aswell i was glad to help i`m sure if anyone else was able to they`d do the same my main concern was my grand parents welfare and not the coin i would make 25 year down the line .... Edited by the_stig
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

down the road from me a 70 year old man who had lived in the same house since birth and never married or left home, worked all his life for the midland red as a machanic, lived with his mother until she died the other year, rent had been paid on the house for well over 70 years never mind a 25 year morgage. as his name wasn`t on the rent book he had to get out after the death of his mother. he and his mother had paid for that house several times over and deserve more respect than that, greed is/has taken over the world

i bught my grand parents bungalow for them from the council they lived in it untill they died rent free :thumbs:

Most of the middle classes wealth has come from snapping up council houses cheap and then they complain that there kids have nowhere to live :laugh:

Most of the middle classes wealth has come from snapping up council houses cheap and then they complain that there kids have nowhere to live :laugh:

My Dad and his sister have bought my Gran/Grandads house for them. They live rent free and are comfortable. My Dad is far from rich, he has his own mortgage but i'd imagine he is going to treble his money when they are no longer here. f**k everyone else you have to look out for your own. Hopefully he throws me a bundle.......... :laugh:

i bought mine and my grandparents the money i`ve made on them means i can pay a deposit on my kids houses -- when they put council houses up sale for you`d have been a fool not to buy --- 4 bed house sat in half an acre with its own orchard for less than 10k in 1980 ..
Guest cookiemonsterandmerlin

i bought mine and my grandparents the money i`ve made on them means i can pay a deposit on my kids houses -- when they put council houses up sale for you`d have been a fool not to buy --- 4 bed house sat in half an acre with its own orchard for less than 10k in 1980 ..

Agree but its one of the causes to housing shortage and like it or not you and your family contruibuted to the problem indirectly ,It no good folk taking the morale highground about lack of housing for there kids if they here savy and greedy by buying there council house for peanuts .

If they had morales about it they would said sorry maggie I feel that this going to not good for future generations and I am just going to stay a tenants thanks :whistling:

Agree but its one of the causes to housing shortage and like it or not you and your family contruibuted to the problem indirectly ,It no good folk taking the morale highground about lack of housing for there kids if they here savy and greedy by buying there council house for peanuts .

If they had morales about it they would said sorry maggie I feel that this going to not good for future generations and I am just going to stay a tenants thanks :whistling:

How many friends did you have at school Cookie..........?. :D

by giving you the right to buy the goverment and councils contributed mainley to the problem not the buyers-- most social housing these days is given to single parents a young couple doin things in what i`d call the right will have no chance of being allocated a council property ---never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth ---- so i`ll look after me and mine and feck everyone else thanks :thumbs: Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

Friends what's that

I've always been straight talking do you think there's no truth in my statements

Some of them.....some of them are nothing more than arguement starters........... ;)