Fox trap ideas

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

foxes chew, dig ,and tear up the ground when in a snare, simples

i personally know a guy who has caught 21 with the same wire, they are alot thicker than normal snare wire

no trapping skills needed in using them,,i just cant see the point in paying £100 for one when a snare can be made for say 50p or less.ok guess they have they uses if no runs to be found like urban a

Posted Images

they have got to be tame or urban foxes,in the first picture the plastic table isn,t even chewed and the ground ain,t torn up, i see in both pics you have a rebar pin, is this what you secure your snare with ? , if so you should be careful as that could be an entanglement situation

i have snared hundreds of foxes over the years and the ground is always torn up , always.

its incredible that both those foxes chose to not fight the snare, chew anything or even dig and must have just sat there like a dog on a lead

3-20 foxes from one cable is a good job becaus at the prices charged over here for a replacement (about £25) you will need to catch more than one, amazing that you can buy replacments for $8-10 in the states , customs have a lot to answer for

what do you mean the ground is always torn up?

foxes chew, dig ,and tear up the ground when in a snare, simples

yeah....i thought you meant in the trap not a snare...simples

I have herd of people catching badgers with them! I haven't myself. The collarum is much the same as any other snare, If it pulls on the bait and has a neck of similar size to a fox it will get caught. But as the cable is very thick and has a shock absorber on the anchor point it causes no harm to the animal. Unlike the normal fox snares which are thinner and can twist and strangle the animal.