Fox trap ideas

Thinking of making a fox trap to stick up at my mates farm. Isnt going to be 100% perfect like one you would be buying just a simple trap. Thinking of making the frame out of wood has anyone else made theres out of wooden frame of always metal? Also building site fences has anyone tryed using them for a trap or would old charlie be able to squeeze out through ? Cheers hunt and fish.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

foxes chew, dig ,and tear up the ground when in a snare, simples

i personally know a guy who has caught 21 with the same wire, they are alot thicker than normal snare wire

no trapping skills needed in using them,,i just cant see the point in paying £100 for one when a snare can be made for say 50p or less.ok guess they have they uses if no runs to be found like urban a

Posted Images

post-5621-0-59289900-1318582248.jpgpost-5621-0-18100100-1318582300.jpg

This was a trap my cousin made for me :notworthy: what he dont know you wouldnt want to know

couple of bits of old mesh cable tied together with a legnth of scaffold pole and some lead two decent springs

I average eight per season in that baited with a dead chicken

will put up some better photos of mark 2 when I get chance

In my experience I dont think security fencing would be strong enough to hold a fox overnight it has its uses though but maybe smaller stuff.

thats a very interesting photo, i didn,t realise that a fox caught in a collarum doesn,t tear up the ground round about, i have never had a fox in a collarum but have caught enuff to know that in a traditional snare they make a catch circle and would have knocked most of that gear all over the place, :hmm:

so, does a fox just sit there like a dog on a lead ? most of the footage i have seen with collarum catches, the ground is all torn up, can you explain this please?

all depends on the fox i think, i have caught them in traditional snares and they have made a mess then others have not and have been asleep when i approach them, and how long they have been in the snare for aswell, was they caught first thing at night or first thing in morning

thats a very interesting photo, i didn,t realise that a fox caught in a collarum doesn,t tear up the ground round about, i have never had a fox in a collarum but have caught enuff to know that in a traditional snare they make a catch circle and would have knocked most of that gear all over the place, :hmm:

so, does a fox just sit there like a dog on a lead ? most of the footage i have seen with collarum catches, the ground is all torn up, can you explain this please?

that got to be the best set up pics ive ever seen moley haha,, god 200 in them to ? well ewhast can one say ?? mm ?? nothing bar what a load of shit them traps are lol,,

They last for years. I have caught over 200 foxes on them.

The mechanism and action might have longevity but what about the snare itself getting kinked,how many captures does the collarum supplied snare last on average?