Jill jab

ya i had two of mine done about two years ago,and after about a week the swelling came down, and they never came into season again for the rest of the summer,cant remember how much it cost but it was expensive i know that ..............

Before I had a 'jaffa' I used to take my jills in for the jill jab the same time the dogs had their boosters, cost about £9 for five jills added to the booster bill!

'Jaffa' op' will cost between £45 and £85 depending on your luck and where you go. Well worth the investment even if the cost is the higher figure, a well cared for 'jaffa' will do the biz for eight or nine years :)

Has anyone ever had their jills jabbed to bring them out of season.

If so did it work and what was the cost involved. Help appreciated.

I have not used the jill jab but always used a vasectmised hob in th past,but i havent kept any jills for years so no longer have the problem, i know some people like the vasectomised hob as its a more natural way of bringing them out of season :)

Had one of mine jabbed today cost me £16 :icon_eek: But the vet is only down the road, I did get a quote for £10 but was miles away and couldnt be arsed to go there lol

One vet I rang quote me £48 per ferret :censored::icon_eek: Cheeky b*****ds.

Guest Boston

We've just had our girls done (two of) at a cost of £12.00 the pair, they were back out working a week later.

But talking about prices varying so much, we wanted a vasectomiesed hob to save us money jabbing, asked our usual vet for prices on both vasectomies and castrations - vasectomies £45.50, castration £30.00 including VAT. So as you do thought we would get a second opinion and asked a second vet what they would charge and was told for both ops they charge £35.00 :hmm:

I don't get how not 15 miles apart the prices can vary so much, so we have used our regular vet for Castration and the other vet for vesec.

But back to the Jill jab our vet told us that they shouldn't come back in to heat this season... we will have to wait and see.