Hw100 Power Adjust Screw - Are they illegal??

It's not illegal to buy or sell that kind of thing, it's only illegal if you're cought with a gun that's able to shoot over the limit if you don't have an FAC.

It's a loophole in the law, if it wasn't OX amongst others would've been closed down years ago.

hi Andy

most air rifles are able to shoot over limit,so we are all guilty as charged! :tongue2:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least when you dig up these old post , it’s better than the normal crap you come out with ?????❤️

Or an education.......

Welcome aboard DeeDee and feel free to join in on current threads, the members will be still on here to respond. ?? Phil

Because that could be for anything . As i said , the seller is clearly saying the item is for increasing / decreasing power .

It's the buyer's responsibility to make sure it stays legal, Craig. For example, anyone with a large, mainly German springer can go online or into a gun shop and order an export spec spring with no questions asked.

It's not illegal to buy or sell that kind of thing, it's only illegal if you're cought with a gun that's able to shoot over the limit if you don't have an FAC.

It's a loophole in the law, if it wasn't OX amongst others would've been closed down years ago.

hi Andy

most air rifles are able to shoot over limit,so we are all guilty as charged! :tongue2:

Who have you been talking to???? :laugh::D:whistling:

why dose every one assume ,that its going to be used for turning up??????????

all responsible shooters on here! "know" that a sub 12ftlb air rifle will humanly take quarry at 55/65 yds so why is the need to turn it up.and if you do it WILL fook up your air rifle!!

i can see a use for this tool for the right reasons!

keeping an air rifle below the limit,and the right side of the law!!

Davy

if this item is on your air rifle when police come along then it will make you get in big trouble as it is easerly adjustable in the field with out tools.

that's if the police " know what they are on about" generally most don't in my area!

the first question they ask in relation to the rifle,is "is it an air rifle ?" its we who confirm it is .not them!

Davy

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to open a can of worms but reading this thread there seems to be two very different 'opinions'.

Does anyone know for a FACT that it is illegal to be able to alter your air rifle power, i have searched the Internet and all i have managed to find is that the rifle should not be over 12ft lb and the buck stops with the current owner, no word about be able to alter the power.

This is the first thread i have read where people are saying its illegal to be able to alter the power, i am just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction to read this factual information for myself,

Also why would the police try and alter the power?? isn't thay some kind of entrapment or something like that.

One more thing (that could well be wrong) but don't older (pre AT) S410's have some kind of hammer spring adjuster screw that is easily adjusted without stripping the rifle, and they aren't illegal.

Please don't jump down my throat, i'm not trying to state any facts, i'm just asking questions.

Edited by NickStrowbridge

as far as i am aware its illegal to have a rifle that is over 12 ftlb so i have a chrono and check them regularly which has involved removing the anti tamper on one. as said most want to have access to fine tuning to keep things legal. its pointless turning rifles up past 12 ftlb just risking a nicking and loss of your rifle for no real gain.

Not wanting to open a can of worms but reading this thread there seems to be two very different 'opinions'.

Does anyone know for a FACT that it is illegal to be able to alter your air rifle power, i have searched the Internet and all i have managed to find is that the rifle should not be over 12ft lb and the buck stops with the current owner, no word about be able to alter the power.

This is the first thread i have read where people are saying its illegal to be able to alter the power, i am just wondering can anyone point me in the right direction to read this factual information for myself,

Also why would the police try and alter the power?? isn't thay some kind of entrapment or something like that.

One more thing (that could well be wrong) but don't older (pre AT) S410's have some kind of hammer spring adjuster screw that is easily adjusted without stripping the rifle, and they aren't illegal.

Please don't jump down my throat, i'm not trying to state any facts, i'm just asking questions.

here is my view on it!

i have a pre AT which is not illegal to own!

but as soon as its over 12ftlbs it becomes illegal,most Air rifles are capable of going over the limit.

so they sell them with AT fitted,which is not required by law,its just the law of the manufacture.i may be corrected?

now fitting a adjusting tool which is clearly visible to raise the ft-lb ,may cause some raised eye brows if pulled over by the police!

and may cause them to take away and test! if the police knew what they were looking for.and they find it was over power at the time of confiscation,then its bad news!!

now let me put another view over,chaz & i was pulled over a few months back, as we was spotted packing up from a successful rabbit shoot.both are AAS410K .177 are pre AT and are regularly chroned @ 11.42ftlbs because we love are air gunning and want to keep it that way!!

we was only asked if they were air rifles?

NOW!!

they took them off us and visually checked them (once we agreed) in there vehicle,which was all fine! the AAS410K pre AT looks like any other Air Rifle,BUT!!! if there was a big shiny bolt sticking out of the back of it. I am sure they would ask what it was it was doing there! and proceed to ask further questions at the Station!

so for fine tuning and keeping your rifle below 12ftlb it would be good tool to have,but to have it permanently fixed which i assume it has to be,then NO!! its not worth the risk!!

just buy a pre AT rifle :thumbs: i like to have pre AT rifles so i can service them ,and that reason ONLY!!!!!!!

PS its a grey area this adjustment tool,so stay from away it !!!!

regards

Davy

that seems to sum it up davey i have removed a shear bolt on one but have replaced it with another suitable screw and would not venture out with it removed and an allen key hanging out the pre mentioned hole ready to turn the power up and down at will !