Hw100 Power Adjust Screw - Are they illegal??

just seen one of these on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HW100-Hammer-adjuster-and-back-plate-/200662321969?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2eb8680b31#ht_500wt_1219

first i think they are a great idea but secondly wont it be illegal in the uk without fac as you could turn up the power and adjust it down if you were to get stopped??

atb

scott

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least when you dig up these old post , it’s better than the normal crap you come out with ?????❤️

Or an education.......

Welcome aboard DeeDee and feel free to join in on current threads, the members will be still on here to respond. ?? Phil

i dont have fac just a shotty licence, was just asking other peoples opinions on the screw adjuster as you could fit one and turn the rifle up a little above 12ft.lb ( you couldnt turn it up far as internals wont handle alot more im guessing ) and if you got pulled you could just quicker turn it down by hand and no-one will be any the wiser?

atb

scott

It's not illegal to buy or sell that kind of thing, it's only illegal if you're cought with a gun that's able to shoot over the limit if you don't have an FAC.

It's a loophole in the law, if it wasn't OX amongst others would've been closed down years ago.

No one has really answer the question

Question has been answered, without an FAC and have the gun on his ticket it is illegal, and as for turning it down when caught, do you think the police will leave it turned down when they test it, I think not.

reading threads on other forums i belive the police try and turn the power up/down when testing. rightly or wrongley i have read the police go out of there way to say it can be altered. and that seems to be enough to cause you trouble atleast.

all guns taken by the police are not tested but i expect you would not be so lucky.. sods law

yes i would say it would be foolish to stick one of these on your gun with out fac and a new barrel but in the funny side lol 45 quid my arse i wonder how many alan keys you can buy with 45 quid :whistling: :whistling: ....

atb gary

just seen one of these on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.u...1#ht_500wt_1219

first i think they are a great idea but secondly wont it be illegal in the uk without fac as you could turn up the power and adjust it down if you were to get stopped??

atb

scott

hi Scott

i can see one of these being a help to me at the moment!

as my HW100 is running at 4ftlb,but you don't nessersarily need one of these to do this!

we have Allen keys ,but we don't need a F.A.C to hold them!!

i don't think you will be breaking the law by owning one of these,the law states that an air rifle must be 12ftlbs or under.

so if you was to go over,and you have a chrono and your HW100 is AT then you can turn it down!

many wouldn't but! i see this as a useful tool to the air gun enthusiast, who like to stay on the right side of the law!!

what a lot of new air gunners think (THOSE STUPID ENOUGH!! TO GO THE WRONG SIDE OF THE LAW!!) is turn it up and its brill.

but the matter of the fact is turn it up, and your accuracy goes all over the place, that's if you actually manage to cock it. because with the HW100 if you turn it up ,you stand a very high chance in fooking up your pride and joy!

so answer to question 1 yes

answer to question 2 yes

PS.

if this is a permanently fixed modification,then no i wouldn't buy one?

regards

Davy

Edited by davyt63