lithium battery

mexlad

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got an email back from one of them companies on the alibaba site, for a 12v 20AH samsung battery pack, with overcharge protection, 1000 cycles per battery life, and a few other features. They are

Isn't a milli amp 1000th of an amp; so 18,000 milli amp/hr should be the same as 18 amp/hr, I think !! LOL !!   Cheers.

Unlikely to get a refund from Deben,but your thinking on the right track,it shouldnt be difficult with a little savvy to offer these batteries at a much cheaper rate,the big firms always make cash on

Posted Images

Getting back to the original post - First of all that's a HUGE cell for that sort of money!! In fact, I'd be highly inclined to point a few of my motorbike racing pals in it's direction as that would be absolutely ideal for a total loss setup.

Beyond that though, that pack has a few obvious pro's and con's:

Firstly, the charger must be built into the pack - you can't have a cell stack that size and not use a balance charger, it'll just kill itself in jig time and usually with spectacular results - so there's no way in hell that little wall adapter is the actual charger (and if it is, then AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!). Operating on this assumption then, the pro is that you don't have to buy an Li charger for it.

The flip side of that is that you've no idea of the quality of the charger installed - and for Li to work properly, they genuinely do need a very well regulated charge.

The other con is that it doesn't list the discharge rating of the pack, so it's impossible to know how suitable it is for the type of draw that you would have off a halogen lamp. Personally, I couldn't see this cell having any hassle providing a sustained 5-6Amps, however, without a stated discharge rating there's no way of knowing for sure.

Hope this helps.

your right mate,

we went threw this on another thread a while ago.

the batterys in the link on EBAY are to run cameras and cctv ect and only discharge a small amount. they wont run a high wattage bulb.

i spoke to one of the sellers on ebay and he told me that Deben use ALOT higher quality cells to be able to produce enough power to run a 100watt bulb.

you may get away with it if you were to buy 4 of the smaller MAH batterys and link them together. the 4 together may allow you to power a 100watt bulb.

but who`s gunner take the risk and try it? who`s to say they wont burn something out in a short time of usage and youll be left in the middle of a field with no light!, even worse a cell explode of set on fire in your pocket.

• Like 1

When you work out the cost of just cells of an unknown brand, plus a casing, plus charger, plus features like connections and power status indicator along with product warranty, is it worth the hassle? Fair enough if your going to compete like cluson have in a fashion, but if your going to make your own and want to make any profit, you will have a big struggle. Lightforce have there own version out LIPO so theres numerous manufacturers at it...things will only advance further, especially with the polymer type batteries.

im actually going back and looking at my Led powered torches with aspheric lenses..i think theres so many other ways of doing it today without buying into large companies taking our cash off us.

I have a mag torch with an asperic lens and a cree LED and that lasts hours on 2 D cell batteries.. thats good enough for rabbits and small fields..the only difference is colour tone of light..and a lot less spread in the beam..The LED is bright white/blue and halogen is more nuetral and slightly yellow.. So im now testing out colour filter gels to find the same match as halogen.. then the eyes should reflect the same colours as what the dog and me are used to.

Im sure you could somehow fit an equivilant LED kit to a striker lens and run it from a very small battery set up instead of 12V lumps.

Just got an email back from one of them companies on the alibaba site, for a 12v 20AH samsung battery pack, with overcharge protection, 1000 cycles per battery life, and a few other features. They are asking for £23 per unit :icon_eek: and that was for 5 units im sure if you bought in bulk you would get them even cheaper. they will also make them with whatever plugs you specify. The only problem they dont come with a charger, fuel gauge or outercase but im sure this can be over come with the saving that is being made £200. :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

• Like 2

Just got an email back from one of them companies on the alibaba site, for a 12v 20AH samsung battery pack, with overcharge protection, 1000 cycles per battery life, and a few other features. They are asking for £23 per unit :icon_eek: and that was for 5 units im sure if you bought in bulk you would get them even cheaper. they will also make them with whatever plugs you specify. The only problem they dont come with a charger, fuel gauge or outercase but im sure this can be over come with the saving that is being made £200. :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

are you after people to make up the 5 units if so i`ll give it a whirl for £23 odd quid nothing to loose everything to gain :thumbs:

• Like 1

Have you sent them a link to show them what you'd like yours to be similar too?

You never know, it might only add 47 pence to the cost of each unit at those prices.

Well done, hope it goes well for you.

im actually going back and looking at my Led powered torches with aspheric lenses..i think theres so many other ways of doing it today without buying into large companies taking our cash off us.

I have a mag torch with an asperic lens and a cree LED and that lasts hours on 2 D cell batteries.. thats good enough for rabbits and small fields..the only difference is colour tone of light..and a lot less spread in the beam..The LED is bright white/blue and halogen is more nuetral and slightly yellow.. So im now testing out colour filter gels to find the same match as halogen.. then the eyes should reflect the same colours as what the dog and me are used to.

Im sure you could somehow fit an equivilant LED kit to a striker lens and run it from a very small battery set up instead of 12V lumps.

Vin how do you fix your filter on the asperic lens

are you after people to make up the 5 units if so i`ll give it a whirl for £23 odd quid nothing to loose everything to gain :thumbs:

I have been looking around for a cheaper alternative to Deben for a while now, so for 20 odd quid I'm in, definitely worth a try.