weihrauch hw97k or AA TX200

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have both,a 97k and tx200hc mk3,out of the box the tx200 blows the hw97k away,it just feels so much nicer and smoother to shoot and the trigger on the tx is better believe it or not(factory setting)

Try both and see which one you prefer! They are as good as each other so it will come down to what you think is the best! As you are learning a Hawke Airmax should suit you down to the ground, rugged, reliable and they can handle springer recoil, my wife has one on her HW35!

Edited by secretagentmole

thanks agent mole but am now thinking about the hw95 or hw98 hmmmmm...... lol so many guns to picck from :hmm:

Don't bother with the 98 unless you're an odd shape and need the adjustable stock. It's nothing more that an expensive 95 in a party frock.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

The common consensus is the TX is best out the box but the 97 is best when tuned.

If all is equal then maybe better to buy British.

Give them both a hold, one thing I have noticed is there are a lot of second hand underlevers on the market, I would guess some would find them a bit heavy.

Myself, I wouldn't swap my Sandwell tuned 95 for anything.

Mispost, the wife has a 95! She loves it, ambi stock, nicely built, accurate as heck!

Good one moley, pleased the wife loves it.

Just a great fun light weight springer and once you get your hold sorted, as you say very accurate.

When I open my gun cabinet it's the one I'm itching to get shooting with lol

It's actually a hard one this; to advise on just the one rifle, as they are both seriously superb shooting rifles. I have both a Weihrauch HW77 (which the HW97 is really built on) and the TX200 Rifle. Both are .22 and both can split a stick or nail a rabbit at over 50 metres if you have the know-how. And both will allow you to develope your skills and beyond, no matter how proficient a marksman you become. These rifles will go on matching and complimenting your talents.

And, my God are they consistant! 2 Ft per sec is all the variance they show on the Chronograph. There are PCPs that cannot match that! That's why I will not shoot anything less than Weihrauch or Air Arms spring rifles. They are just the bloody best all round for your money.

You'll just have to try them both. See which one handles best to your liking and go with that one!

Simon

Edit to add. I agree with everything said about the Weihrauch HW95. A truly beautiful little spring ring rifle. I'm seriously thinking of buying one to have a tune up from Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports and drop it into a gorgeous bit of Walnut from Custom Stock of Sheffield. That would produce an absolutely phenominal little rifle.

Edited by pianoman

thanks agent mole but am now thinking about the hw95 or hw98 hmmmmm...... lol so many guns to picck from :hmm:

Don't bother with the 98 unless you're an odd shape and need the adjustable stock. It's nothing more that an expensive 95 in a party frock.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

thanks everyone for the warm welcome and the advice,

i have a 97k and its a great rifle, especially now im learning how to shoot a springer correctly ( thanks to some tips pianoman and others have posted on the forum).

it is currently un tuned and im still managing decent groups up to 40mtrs ( decent for me anyway ;). All ive changed on it so far is the trigger - put a rowan engineering set back trigger because i have small hands and the original trigger was awkward.

Once i get a v mach kit into it it should be even better.

once thing you will notice about both the 97k and the tx is that they are built like tanks so will last you a very long time - you cant go far wrong with either imo.