lets see your hutches/ runs

just thought id put a thread up for people to to share their pictures of their hutches and runs. doesnt matter if its been homemade or bought. i find it interesting the amount of variation in 'enclosures' and the different takes on what a run/ hutch should be. ive seen some pics on here of converted aivarys in a garage with a hole in the wall to the run outside, a couple of hutches joined together by a wooden tunnel and i also seen a pic a while back of a hutch in a shed with a long pipe down to an outside run at the other end of the garden.

heres my hutch, its pretty boring but does the job for now. wouldnt really put a pic up of it but how can i expect you guys(and girls) to put pics up if i dont ;) its a triple hutch but when the pic was taken i only had 2 ferrets seperated with the bottom hutch empty, ive got 'ladders' to all the floors now and all 4 of mine stay in there sound.

hope people post pics and it will be good to see the different designs etc. cheers :thumbs:

post-62949-0-88329400-1318263570.jpg

Edited by Veedublee

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

one i made for someone else

When I built mine a couple of years ago it started raining so I took the made sections into the kitchen to finish once built . Which by this time was very late at night I asked the Mrs to have a loo

Posted Images

sound that mate :thumbs: i made mine myself.......only joking. i got it off a guy who i know whos a joiner. its pretty sturdy and wont be falling apart anytime soon.

i suppose the size/ type of hutch you have depends on the space you have got. i guess a chicken coup would be the best housing or something similar but i dont have the room and im moving house soon and dont have the room at the new place either. infact the missus wants rid of the ferrets from the new house- NO CHANCE :laugh:

sound that mate :thumbs: i made mine myself.......only joking. i got it off a guy who i know whos a joiner. its pretty sturdy and wont be falling apart anytime soon.

i suppose the size/ type of hutch you have depends on the space you have got. i guess a chicken coup would be the best housing or something similar but i dont have the room and im moving house soon and dont have the room at the new place either. infact the missus wants rid of the ferrets from the new house- NO CHANCE :laugh:

something like this?

post-896-0-60337200-1318264942_thumb.jpg

some good hutches on there im a carpenter and ive got to make my ferrets a new house ive got 3 but i want a silver as well keep puting the pic on so i can get some ideas on how to make mine atb malc :thumbs:

if you make a hutch type plyline and seal the edges with corking or something prior to painting keeps the mites at bay :thumbs:

if you go for the court type remember to put something around the bottom to stop the shavings blowing everywhere and make it high enough to stand up in and wide enough to turn around in :thumbs: all mistakes ive made myself in the past :laugh:

cheers for that 19 years of being a carpenter and got to get advice on how to build a ferret hutch :icon_redface::thumbs:

you think your bad, making a chicken coop for a mate today and forgot to put a door in it :laugh: and im 46 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cheers for that 19 years of being a carpenter and got to get advice on how to build a ferret hutch :icon_redface::thumbs:

you think your bad, making a chicken coop for a mate today and forgot to put a door in it :laugh: and im 46 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hail Mary!

:doh:

something like this?

well aye, something like that :thumbs: in an ideal world where money was no problem then i would have a shed with a fair size run on it for them but im 21 and skint :cray: some good runs there and definitley lots of ideas for somebody if they was gonna give building one a go :yes:

ha ha im 46 and a carpenter ha ha never forgot to put a door in :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: