people used to put down reeves pheasants and then fine people if they shot them, bit of a laugh but if the authorities find out there is a bigger fine for releasing non native wildlife.

Autumn watch should be told as they wanted to release an albino grey squirrel into the wild.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the uk it is ilegal to release any non indiginous species including grey squirrel.

Only if you harvest them using a gobbler guillotine.........  

Right I will come to Fife.You stick an apple on your head and I will shoot it with my shotgun at 20 yards...with the chokes out. You can then shoot an apple off mine at 20 yards with my .223.   But

Has anyone considered releasing chickens for a driven shoot? Can't be much easier to hit then pheasants?

You were moaning about missing clays earlier so you've no chance at the driven pheasants...... Lol

We all have bad days!

Some days i can be a shotgunning god - others a dunderhead with a gun :laugh:

Compared to speeding pigeons, pheasants are sitting ducks.

Odd thing is, with a rifle I'm pretty much spot on day to day - weird no?

Duncan.

I'm the opposite then. Confident with the shotgun but not with the rifle. I never take any long shots with the rifle nowadays, I was much better when I was 10..... Lol

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

Not weird at all mate, a shotgun takes skill, whereas if a rifle is zeroed in correctly a child can use it effectivly.

Ideation is right a shotgun takes natural ability and skill to reach a reasonable level of proficiency where as any one can be taught to shoot with a rifle to a higher degree.I would just say one thing Duncan if you think pheasants are easy then you haven't been to the right shoot our first day on monday went 1900 shots for 284 birds and that was the first time the birds had been pushed come December/January just watch the ratio of cartridges climb and these are guns who are very proficient some of them shooting 3-4 days per week all season starting on the grouse.

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

I'm the opposite then. Confident with the shotgun but not with the rifle. I never take any long shots with the rifle nowadays, I was much better when I was 10..... Lol

Any daft c**t can shoot a shotgun.

A good rifle shot is an art.

:yes:

And as for pheasants being easy targets, Duncan, you sound bitter at the fact you cannot afford quality birds. Maybe you should stick to your 25p a throw clays :whistling:

FTB

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

Not weird at all mate, a shotgun takes skill, whereas if a rifle is zeroed in correctly a child can use it effectivly.

That aint true :no:

At 50 yards maybe. Try it at crows 200 yards + in a strong wind.

Shooting a shotgun is just practice practice practice. The ones good at shooting birds are the ones who can afford 40 or 50 days a season.

FTB

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

And as for pheasants being easy targets, Duncan, you sound bitter at the fact you cannot afford quality birds. Maybe you should stick to your 25p a throw clays :whistling:

FTB

You've just won the "Slavering Shite Award"................ :toast:

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

FTB

Listen mate your just a chicken farmer. :whistling:

Ask the grouse lads who use their tools 7 days a week which is harder to master.

50 yards at rabbits with a 22 don't count as a proficient rifle shot.

FTB

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

FTB

Ask the grouse lads who use their tools 7 days a week which is harder to master.

FTB

Natural Ability compared to practice and expensive equipment mate..............fact!!!

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

FTB

FTB

Natural Ability compared to practice and expensive equipment mate..............fact!!!

The exact same can be said about a rifle. Some guys can shoot to a high degree with a piece of shite where others need 4 grands worth of kit to hit a dinner plate at 100 yards.

Your opinion is not a fact, neither is mine...before I get the gloves on :boxing:

:icon_redface:

With shotgun shooting practice makes perfect. I was told this by my old boss who shot clays in the olympics :hmm:

I have seen Rifle shots, all keepers, who were simply amazing. Their gun was like an extension of themselves.

Any 'great' shotgun shooter I have seen have been wealthy enough to be outshooting constantly, or again, a keeper.

FTB

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

FTB

FTB

The exact same can be said about a rifle. Some guys can shoot to a high degree with a piece of shite where others need 4 grands worth of kit to hit a dinner plate at 100 yards.

Your opinion is not a fact, neither is mine...before I get the gloves on :boxing:

With shotgun shooting practice makes perfect. I was told this by my old boss who shot clays in the olympics :hmm:

I have seen Rifle shots, all keepers, who were simply amazing. Their gun was like an extension of themselves.

Any 'great' shotgun shooter I have seen have been wealthy enough to be outshooting constantly, or again, a keeper.

FTB

Well theres a difference in what your shooting at with a shotgun....everything is different and going at different speeds. Something you have to adjust for and some folk just cant get to grips with that. I know of professional clay shooters that have bad days at driven pheasants.....i stand behind them picking up nothing ffs...... :laugh:

I haven't said shooting a rifle is easy, of course theres a knack too it but i think its easier to pick it up than using a shotgun..... :yes:

The fact bit was a joke..... ;)

We all have bad days!

Duncan.

FTB

FTB

FTB

Well theres a difference in what your shooting at with a shotgun....everything is different and going at different speeds. Something you have to adjust for and some folk just cant get to grips with that. I know of professional clay shooters that have bad days at driven pheasants.....i stand behind them picking up nothing ffs...... :laugh:

I haven't said shooting a rifle is easy, of course theres a knack too it but i think its easier to pick it up than using a shotgun..... :yes:

The fact bit was a joke..... ;)

Right thats it...postcode... now... Im coming over to lick your head in :tongue2:

The same is true of rifle shooting. Wind speed...wind direction...distance...elevation.

Shooting a pheasant up the arse at 15 yards is easy...so is shooting a fox squeeked in to 20 yards off your barrel :blink:

Difference, I think, is that getting good at hard shots with a shotgun can be achieved with little talent and alot of practice.

Getting good at hard shots with a rifle takes a great degree more skill. There is no margin for error, and luck doesnt come into it.

I think I explained that well enough, but may be a bit 'Whin-ish' :hmm:

FTB