I'm sure a couple year back,Dagleish's had someone over Dalry way advertising walked up Turkey shooting,not calling as Americans do. I would check up on that one for Scotland ? Turkeys' a Turkey no matter the country of Origin,different strain is all !,but I might be wrong :hmm:

It would still be totally ilegal as it is a non native bird and remember in the states the turkey is widly recognised as being a very worthy opponent to hunt as they are extremelly shy I doubt the same would be true about releasing domestic turkeys.

It would still be totally ilegal as it is a non native bird and remember in the states the turkey is widly recognised as being a very worthy opponent to hunt as they are extremelly shy I doubt the same would be true about releasing domestic turkeys.

would have to hunt them dressed as farther christmas :laugh: :laugh:

I know of a well known shoot that puts some down not to far from me and have heard of another one in the midlands that does it,

Get in touch with Alex Dagleish in Eaglsham,Scotland,Gunsmith..I'm sure they were not DOMESTICATED.also think The place had a herd of "Bison"..Beaver, non native species,in Scotland ! as is Wolf also in Scotland.

And a point ,Scotland was part of the American Ridge,so could argue they are of the same Continent ie Native ? :hmm:

Only if you harvest them using a gobbler guillotine.........

• Like 1

i know of one ot two shoots here in the midlands who put guinne fowl down every season for sport and security. on the subject of non native how much of our wildlife is actually native? have a think non native, rabbit,phesant,red leg,cwd,munty,saika,mink and the list goes on.

The argument on beaver and wolf is reintroduction of an extinct native species not an introduction of a non native species.Carraghs Gem you don't give your locus so difficult to advise on who to contact I.E. in Scotland SEPA in England DEFRA etc. If I had to put money on it I'd say NOT allowed. YIS