any one keep kestrel

clifford 11

I had a few when I was a lad, this is the last one I had when I was about 16, 1980 -81. Can't say I ever took anything like a Pigeon whicjh would have been a handful for a little fella flying at 6 1/4oz's but remember one of mine taking a Blackbird along a hedge on the school field, it wasn't planned but he wanted it and took it. I have never had one repeat it but a pal had one slam into a Magpie but quicly let go again....

Note the expensive Falconry gardeners glove and the Hawking flight jacket :D

post-251-0-20546300-1318106570.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

awesom little birds

jst for the people who think am chatting plop and got video evidence but dont need to prove myself to any one

page 2 jack theres my girl

Posted Images

I had a few when I was a lad, this is the last one I had when I was about 16, 1980 -81. Can't say I ever took anything like a Pigeon whicjh would have been a handful for a little fella flying at 6 1/4oz's but remember one of mine taking a Blackbird along a hedge on the school field, it wasn't planned but he wanted it and took it. I have never had one repeat it but a pal had one slam into a Magpie but quicly let go again....

hi jasp well think how brave my little girl is mate she hunts at 3oz 3.5grams and she rides them well gets towed all over the show i had to be fast on me feet to dispatch oh and me spar made her first kill thee other day only a magpie but my seasons started now

atb

the good old days mate :thumbs: i never needed a glove wi mine :thumbs:

if it wernt for guy from oklahoma usa id of never ever found my birds true hunting weight he gave me some of the best advice ive ever learnt about these small falcons thanks very much ryan for all your help she is an absoulute pleasure to fly and cliff theres to much to type to let you no when ive the time il send you a pm with some usefull information

atb

the good old days mate :thumbs: i never needed a glove wi mine :thumbs:

I was a bit of a mamby pamby back then Craigy :laugh:..

no mentors in those days!! lots of hard reading under the bed covers with a torch when I should have been sleeping ready for school in the morning :thumbs: ..........

jst for the people who think am chatting plop and got video evidence but dont need to prove myself to any one

akvspigeon-1.jpg?t=

definitly more gamey than our Euro Kestrals Mac. cracking little birds on their day :thumbs:

yes mate alot more courage nothing to right home about like jasp 2 of the pigeons were pure muggings and the other was a top flight were i do bird clearence it was in a factory and the pigeon had no escape she just pursued for 3 laps of the factory it was like she new there was no escapeing her untill the pigeon paniced and hit the skylight and thats when she made the bind took me ages to pin point her with the telem it had dragged her under all the pallets i needed a forkliff truck to make in to her lol but she held it for 15mins so yes therev loads of heart mate

atb