rediculously powerful?!?

I'd love to know how many people have actualy ran a lot of game, over a decent period with different lamps, to be such experts on which lamp is best !! Over the past 45 years, I've seen lamps improve so much, and the best I've used is the Blitz 240 !! All this crap about rabbits running different under various lamps is laughable !! The better the lamp, the more you keep the quarry in the beam, simple as !!

Cheers.

just because you'v been in the game the longest doesnt mean you kno more than others....

ill shine a clulite in your eyes from 50 yards away and then a 240 blitz im sure you will get further with the clulite in your eyes!! i dont think im an expert on lamps but it isnt rocket science toi kno the more powerfull the lamp the blinder the quarry will be...

Are you a hunter????? Thats the usual shite the antis spout, i have lamped thousands of quarry and NEVER have i blinded any of them, thats the old wives tales the antis push mate, are you a virgin lamper????????????

twat, are you a virgin full stop? f****n virgin lamper yah cheek twat! im out on the lamp more times a week than most on this site half of yah spend too much time on here too be out doing yah dogs justice and as for being and anti you can come round my house wenever you like and you'll see wether im an anti or not when you see the dogs we use...

its must be a massive coincidence that the rabbits and 'other' quarry weve ran our dogs at under the 240 blitz run differently too running under the smaller lamps...

Ooooo get you sailor,your too hardcore for me..............If you are out more than most surely you would realise that lamping quarry doesn't "blind" it, unless you are so hardcore everything freezes to be picked up :whistling: You really believe quarry is blinded when being lamped????? That really is the kind of nonsense spouted on the LACS website by folk who dont know what they are on about........You may not reply as you are out lamping more than most........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd love to know how many people have actualy ran a lot of game, over a decent period with different lamps, to be such experts on which lamp is best !! Over the past 45 years, I've seen lamps improve

Lets not turn this interesting thread into an argument! What I'll say is, I remember the first time I lamped, with an old spot light off a car and a motor bike battery...we caught gear, but looking ba

i had a varible lamp blitz and i agree they can be fierce on a close run, but on big fields they really come into their own, i dont think they are for shit dogs etc, but if im only mooching locally on

I'd love to know how many people have actualy ran a lot of game, over a decent period with different lamps, to be such experts on which lamp is best !! Over the past 45 years, I've seen lamps improve so much, and the best I've used is the Blitz 240 !! All this crap about rabbits running different under various lamps is laughable !! The better the lamp, the more you keep the quarry in the beam, simple as !!

Cheers.

just because you'v been in the game the longest doesnt mean you kno more than others....

ill shine a clulite in your eyes from 50 yards away and then a 240 blitz im sure you will get further with the clulite in your eyes!! i dont think im an expert on lamps but it isnt rocket science toi kno the more powerfull the lamp the blinder the quarry will be...

Are you a hunter????? Thats the usual shite the antis spout, i have lamped thousands of quarry and NEVER have i blinded any of them, thats the old wives tales the antis push mate, are you a virgin lamper????????????

twat, are you a virgin full stop? f****n virgin lamper yah cheek twat! im out on the lamp more times a week than most on this site half of yah spend too much time on here too be out doing yah dogs justice and as for being and anti you can come round my house wenever you like and you'll see wether im an anti or not when you see the dogs we use...

its must be a massive coincidence that the rabbits and 'other' quarry weve ran our dogs at under the 240 blitz run differently too running under the smaller lamps...

This is a discussion, or debate, mate ! Youre making yourself sound like a schoolkid, (apolagies to all the sensible schoolkids who are on here) ! Whe're talking about lamps, and it's going OK ! Stop being a prick.

Cheers.

Your coreect charts, back on track, i have a 240 and a 170, not really much in it, stabba is right, if lamping from a window the drag from the 240 can be a real issue, and the larger lens was also a pain last night when i tried to take a pee and managed to spray the thing :D I do feel like Jimmy Saville at times as i hang the lamp around my neck, but with my eyes the 240 is generally brought into play........

i have a 240 as well.... to be honest i never use it all that much because i dont like carrying it... i have a handheld tracer (wrist breaker), shootalite, blaserlite, laserlite, 170 and 2x 800 lumens lamps that i got for the rifles!! the lumens (i cant remember theyre make?) are an excellent bit of technology for a short walk on the lamp.... anywhoo, out of them all i cant go past my old blaserlite, i have it kitted out with a hinged filter and i really like it! i also like the way you can push it into the bracket on the battery pack so it leaves your hands free and the wee workilght on it is priceless!! at the end of the day its what you feel comfortable with! altho on occassion i have had runs where i needed more distance and the blaserlite just doesnt have it... the 170 let me down a few times so it put me off it but i reckon its as good as the 240 and its easier carried!!!

• Like 1

Cheers.

Ooooo get you sailor,your too hardcore for me..............If you are out more than most surely you would realise that lamping quarry doesn't "blind" it, unless you are so hardcore everything freezes to be picked up :whistling: You really believe quarry is blinded when being lamped????? That really is the kind of nonsense spouted on the LACS website by folk who dont know what they are on about........You may not reply as you are out lamping more than most........

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's a strange one this. I don't think a lamp actually blinds the quarry or very few would ever get away. I do believe that when a rabbit reaches the hedge the flickering of a beam moving up and down makes the hedge look so different that a rabbit will run up and down instead of jumping staight in as it would in the day time. Even a steady beam will do that a lot of the time.

Some rabbits will stop just inside the hedge too and I'll bet Simo's dogs pick up a few like this.

Cheers.

i dont want an argument im just stating a fact if you think im an anti then come round my house and then tell me im an anti thats all, i dont think it blinds quarry but it is a fact the lamps dont just light quarry up for you and the dog it does dazzle the quarry, why do you think a dog that can catch 3 out of 5 long ears in the day can catch 5 out of 5 at night?

the down side for me with the blitz his climbing gates etc even when on a cord round me neck ,i find this hard work mine went short rift .has for the beam spectacular that theres no doubt but when covering ground on foot ball ache , atb bunnys.

Cheers.

i dont want an argument im just stating a fact if you think im an anti then come round my house and then tell me im an anti thats all, i dont think it blinds quarry but it is a fact the lamps dont just light quarry up for you and the dog it does dazzle the quarry, why do you think a dog that can catch 3 out of 5 long ears in the day can catch 5 out of 5 at night?

Ok, i DON'T think your an anti, my point was the "blinding" of quarry is the sort of rubbish the antis spout, not that YOU are an anti. Come round your house, why, for a fight, a coffee or a debate on the merits of public transport? Am i meant to be scared? And the last question i hope we all know :yes::thumbs:

If they can see it, they can catch it, simple. This is like an argument over different chokes and shot sizes.

Gazehound, sighthound, I wonder where these names originated from :hmm:

Get out there and enjoy whatever works for you! ;)

I have recently tried A Striker (100w), it's Deben copy ( 75w ), Blitz 240 (100w) and the smaller Deben 210 (100w). Both the Blitz and the smaller Deben had too much over spill for me as most of the land I run is made up of small fields and this limits the runs I get. I own the Striker, its Deben copy in variable and I am using the Deben more mainly because of its variable but also because its power is giving me longer without charging the battery.

If I am needed a further beam than my lamp offers I just use my legs and make sure I keep de fecker in the beam :yes::laugh: my legs aint failed me too much :laugh:

Cheers.

Ok, i DON'T think your an anti, my point was the "blinding" of quarry is the sort of rubbish the antis spout, not that YOU are an anti. Come round your house, why, for a fight, a coffee or a debate on the merits of public transport? Am i meant to be scared? And the last question i hope we all know :yes::thumbs:

there no body i hate more than anti's claiming me too be an anti i dont apreciate simple as, nahh dont need a fight or a debate im saying if YOU think that IM and anti then pop round and you will see that i am no anti...

and you tell me why it is then if you was too ask me id say the long ears are more dosile and disorientated at night under the lamp light than in the day with no lamp?? forgive me if im wrong im no hare courser...

As we are meant to on the subject of lamps here, I went out last night and tried the 240 head and the 170 head and there seems to be a lot less spill on the 170 so in effect I can see more in the spot of the 170 than the 240 has anyone else found this

Cheers.

there no body i hate more than anti's claiming me too be an anti i dont apreciate simple as, nahh dont need a fight or a debate im saying if YOU think that IM and anti then pop round and you will see that i am no anti...

and you tell me why it is then if you was too ask me id say the long ears are more dosile and disorientated at night under the lamp light than in the day with no lamp?? forgive me if im wrong im no hare courser...

This is going round in ever decreasing circles, dod i now ask if you are calling me an anti calling you an anti :laugh: This is just distracting from the thread......