recommenations for bolt action 22 rimfire

looking for recommendations for a good reliable bolt action 22 rimfire .i already have a semi auto and wish to change to a bolt action.i will be selling the gun i have at present which is a sabbatti 10 shot .anyone know of a good make of gun to buy or anyone who would want to possibly swap / exchange. i am based in south wales.thanks atb

post-39240-0-07717500-1317927775_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

that that they are, one is expesive to feed, noisey and tempremental, the other is non of the afore mentioned :laugh:

if the land i shot was not totally flat and surrounded by houses etc i would have another,but had a few zingers in a safe direction and had to sit there rabbit watching elsewhere. much more confident

Posted Images

Start with a CZ, because it does everything you will want for field work.

If you don't like it, then what don't you like that something else does better?

Buy that then, whatever it is let us all know, and why!

:thumbs:

Funny one this, and it crops up lots.

I had one of the very early Anschutz in the UK back in the 70's, for target work, f**k me it was a breath of fresh air over the old Martini everyone used at the time, and didn't everyone love it.

BUT BUT BUT>>>>>>>>The reality is for field work there is next to NOTHING in all of them, they all shoot more than accurately enough and they are all more than reliable enough, just what more do you want?

Ok some get excited about wood, some are happy to pay an extra £100-£150 for a rifle because the trigger is good (£15 pays for and EXCELLENT CZ Trigger IF you need it), many have an orgasm over styling, well get excited, so what, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder....and the CZ 511 is very probably the BEST Semi you can buy, out of the box it knocks spots off the Ruger, but even I accept it looks a complete dogs dinner!

Then there is the psychological business, get what you like, if you like it the odds are you will get on well with it, if you don't like it the odds are you will have problems with it! :hmm: :hmm:

ATB!

cz nickel synthetic for me. choice was easy good value,trigger cheap to put right, but the main thing its ability to withstand the weather and the knocks and bangs of everyday use. wood just doesnt take the punishment.

nothing wrong with a CZ 452.... had one or a variant for years, i put 1000's of rounds through mine a year... Always bang on, reliable, was cheap when i bought it. :laugh:

As already said, why spend more for use in the field. You put the cross hairs on it...............it dies....simples :angel:

recomend changing your mind and getting a .17 hmr :laugh:

been there done that twice a cz452 american 8 years ago and an arni 1517 thumbhole the other year sold both and went back to the 22lr :laugh: exotic calibres come and go the good ones stay the course :laugh: