Pheasant

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye, it's a funny old world. Wild british pheasants???   Went out today for an hour, dog put up well over 40 pheasants from a couple of permission fields i have where i can kill what i like, but me

Hi Nick.   There is nothing to say you cant take a pheasnt with an air rifle mate. Some frown upon it, and say they should be up before shooting them. But.....if they want to waddle about in front

there are enough challenges with air-rifle hunting its nice to get the odd bonus now and then

Hi Nick.

There is nothing to say you cant take a pheasnt with an air rifle mate.

Some frown upon it, and say they should be up before shooting them.

But.....if they want to waddle about in front of you, why not take a couple ?

People worry more about what they can provide for the table, than what other people think.

Put your pics up mate.

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 1

Hi Nick.

There is nothing to say you cant take a pheasnt with an air rifle mate.

Some frown upon it, and say they should be up before shooting them.

But.....if they want to waddle about in front of you, why not take a couple ?

People worry more about what they can provide for the table, than what other people think.

Put your pics up mate.

ATB.

Bill.

have to agree,iv taken the odd few while out and why not,very good eating thats what counts :thumbs:

As long as they were shot after 1st October you are all good. But they are about as hard to hunt as a barn door. . . . . .very very little skill involved.

there are enough challenges with air-rifle hunting its nice to get the odd bonus now and then :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well I shoot them with shotguns to but there is even less skill involved in that, a well placed head shot is humane, Now it's in the freezer for Sunday, anybody else got pics?

My gun and kill

69ac5497.jpg

And a close up to prove the headshot,

bb3f740a.jpg

Sorry if I have offended anybody but I will be having a nice Sunday dinner ;)

Cheers Nick

As long as they were shot after 1st October you are all good. But they are about as hard to hunt as a barn door. . . . . .very very little skill involved.

there are enough challenges with air-rifle hunting its nice to get the odd bonus now and then :thumbs:

Aye mate, i know what you are saying. But i had to stop shooting them around here unless i REALLY needed the meat, as it was getting silly, you could knock off a dozen in a 20 min walk, all from about 20 yards tops. Often from as little as 10 yards as they stood in the hedge hoping you had not seen them. Silly birds. At this time of year i see double figures everytime i leave my front door. I've even had to try to stop the dog nabbing them, as it's just pointless.

Well I shoot them with shotguns to but there is even less skill involved in that, a well placed head shot is humane, Now it's in the freezer for Sunday, anybody else got pics?

My gun and kill

69ac5497.jpg

And a close up to prove the headshot,

bb3f740a.jpg

Sorry if I have offended anybody but I will be having a nice Sunday dinner ;)

Cheers Nick

Well i agree if you are shooting standing pheasants with a shotty, but a fast, high bird, coming off the top of a hill, out of the wood, with a good wind, can be plenty challenging. Shooting them on the ground with anything is a piece of piss, you can kill them with a well aimed stick :laugh: But well done anyhow, always nice to have one for the pot!

• Like 1

I know what your saying mate I like having a walk round the farm with my shotgun and one flying out almost making me crap my pants,and then dropping it, can't stand all the lead shot though, I love pheasant to eat and I wouldn't shoot them if I wasn't going to eat it,

Cheers Nick