GREYHOUND BITCH.?

Guest Frank

Guest Frank

Hi all,

In my buy & Sell paper i get, their is a greyhound bitch in their going cheap, 150 Euro.

She is 3 and apparently won a race or 2.

I rang and talked to the fella selling it yesterday, he said because he has a bad hip himself, he can not excersise her anymore and said it would be a same to leave her like that.

Apparently, he cant fault her. She can still be raced apparently, just needs to be made fit.

What you reckon folks, is their something rong with her? :hmm:

Thanks,

Frank.

Edited by Frank

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She will not have that long left in her mate that will be one of the problems she may also be a six month season bitch, best bet is luck her up on www.Greyhound-data.com or the igb.ie and see if she has run regular and what sort of grade she has been running , I made the mistake of buying a cheap greyhound bitch as my first I won`t make the mistake again she had about 15 races and stopped chasing and it had already taken ages to grade her on as she was always just outside grading time , look her up mate and see what you think , but there are plenty of cheap graders about at the minute kepp looking until you find what you want ;)

All the best

Chaz

3 is not old for a racing grey i have a dog here at 5 1/2 that is still doing open grede times ... put up the dogs racing name and i will have a look at her form for you mate ........

Guest Frank

Just rang the man up again. She has gone. I did tell him i was just asking about her and said not to wait for me, so no bother.

Forgot what the name was socks. :blink: he did tell me yesterday, but i was at work and could barely hear as he phoned me back after i phoned and left a message on his phone in the early morning, but thanks very much anyway. :thumbs-up:

Not to worry, plenty more about ;)

Frank.

Guest Frank

:blink: Ok, the bloke just rang me back again once more. The fella that was ment to be taking her, has not turned up, so, she is available again. Her racing name is ' GO HARVEY GO'.

Would be great to find out some info on her. ;)

Cheers,

Frank.

Guest Frank

Here is her pedegree:

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=Go+Harve...r=&birthland=IE

Well lads, is she good for racing, or breeding? :hmm:

Edited to say, im not sure if this is the right pedigree? :blink: As the one above does not match what i was discribed? Their must be more then one go harvey go?

Im confused, but, im going to meet the man this evening and have a look at her. :hmm:

Frank.

Edited by Frank

She is very slow & looks to me like she is not chasing properly which wouldn't be a surprise seeing as her dam line is coursing dogs. The race she did win she went through the field honest enough but that was fourteen months ago & she hasn't picked her feet up since.

I think CS has just about hit he nail on the head if that is her pedigree and line of form :hmm:

She would not be a racer or brood suitable for breeding greys IMO and might make a lurcher breeding bitch but you would probably get a better quality bitch for free for lurcher breeding when it had finished racing

Have a look at this bitch Frank she is being offered for free and being younger and very lightly raced might have more to give and may make a stayer and if she doesn`t it hasn`t cost you anything B)

Glanmore Spiral

Some of her litter mates seem to be getting the stayers trip so might be worth a gamble if you are going to train her yourself :thumbs-up:

Guest Frank

I went and looked at the bitch and was not too impressed. :no:

Bit of a chancer the fella who was selling her id say, asking 150 euro for her was just silly, so i just walked away. ;)

I will wait a while now, plenty of time. :)

Thanks all very much. :victory:

Frank.