HI ,,,THIS MAY SEEM LIKE A DAFT QUESTION TO YOU PRO AIRGUNNERS BUT AM I RIGHT IN SAYING THAT A 2.2 HAS MORE IMPACT BECAUSE OF ITS SIZE, BUT A 1.77 IS SLIGHTLY FASTER THROUGH THE AIR AND HAS LESS IMPACT? SO DEPENDING ON YOUR QUARRY DICTATES WHAT CALIBRE YOU SHOULD USE OR IS IT PERSONALL CHOICE? I USED TO HAVE AN OLD 1.77 AND IT WAS GREAT FOR EVERYTHING.

CHEERS

SCOTTY

177 v 22 if you run a search on air gun bbs you will find a few threads on that subject I reckon :whistle:

If you got to a rifle range you will find many who just target shoot and not hunt will be using 177,

I dont think there is a difinitive answer on that one mate,

But I use 22 because the 177 can be fecking fiddly when you got cold hands :laugh:

But for stopping rabbits with a 177 then you only have to look at the salute of these these 2 rabbits that vermin hunter dispatched in his video http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=21938 pretty impresive I reckon .......as I believe that that is under the 12 limit :D

Hi Scotty I had a rapid 7 mk1 their bloody great guns got a logun silencer and it got wedged (a faulty un) so phoned Simmons no probs at all just send it back by courier. well it never got there was nicked on the way this had a 1 off stock and to be honest I was gutted (left hooker too).Anyhow waiting for insurance to sort it (took ferking best part of 8 months) .I bought a thumbhole airarms carbine 410 in .22 at a good price ,well what a beast of a gun 1st night out 13 rats a rabbit and a maggie (1 of those nights you don't seem to miss) well i loved it .Finally got a mk 2 rapid when all was done and dusted but my real love was the 410 .Had car probs and sold the rapid mk2 (brand new almost) I just couldn't part with the 410 liked it so much bought a 400 standard in .177 and rate em both .got to sort a few ferals and maggies this weekend around a mates house :whistle: and dunno which to take down with me as the old 410 is a bit noisier (1st aa silencer).Go for either and you'll get a superb gun its just I love the air arms .Sorry to bore you all :cry:

all the best

Stoaty

its a tw@t ain't it joe?? it wasn't royal mail it was reality or summut they only offered me about £500 but I laughed at them no way I was gettingf just that thats why it took so long .Thank god for Dave at Keens Guns that vouched ffor me how much this gun was valued at (still never got the price i paid)

Stoaty