ANOTHER DALES TRIP, watership down

Is there a reason why you take that many rabbits? Do you sell them to butchers, people, even zoos?

When I receive an order I sell to certain animal establishments at £2.50 per rabbit, makes it worth my while. I'll only take a large number if needed.

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide still try and catch them

Testing the dog? In what way?

Is that a serious question ?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The Happy Ferreter", I hope I'm wrong; but you sound like a tree hugging, bunny loving anti !! Why on earth question the lads about "taking so many " ?? I know these guys and they work their dogs AND

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide

My mediocre ugly dog does for me Whin matey..he suits the ground i hunt,no he probably wouldn't be worth a toss on the land you run but why should that bother me, you or anyone else come to that matte

Posted Images

another decent night there Tomo well done. i think this post is the catalyst for me to start straying further a field. i take it from your post your two dogs have different running styles, you said Tara would have been better suited for the ground.

just out of interest are they of similar breed and are they both brought to there full fitness using the same method. :thumbs:

Edited by trigger2

Another cracking read and result Tomo! :good:

Is there a reason why you take that many rabbits?

If rabbits are there in those numbers, then they're a problem and need sorting out. :yes: Don't forget rabbits are still classed as a plague species with a legal requirement in force for their control.. :yes::thumbs:

Is there a reason why you take that many rabbits? Do you sell them to butchers, people, even zoos?

When I receive an order I sell to certain animal establishments at £2.50 per rabbit, makes it worth my while. I'll only take a large number if needed.

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide still try and catch them

i would do exactly the same Tomo as you say its great to test your dogs when the situation arises.

another decent night there Tomo well done. i think this post is the catalyst for me to start straying further a field. i take it from your post your two dogs have different running styles, you said Tara would have been better suited for the ground.

just out of interest are they of similar breed and are they both brought to there full fitness using the same method. :thumbs:

Tara is 1/4 kelpie only 22",, where as venus is half coursing dog, tara runs more like your typical collie crosses,

i get them half way fit behind the motor,,, then just work for the rest of there fitness

most dogs are good for say 10 to 20 rabbits ,above that your testing the dogs stamina and ability in my opinion,,by the way another cracking night you had :thumbs: that don dog does well for what looks like quite a heavy set dog,not knocking him in any way because he does a good job by the the looks of it :yes: but how many of the 45 do you think were took out the seat???

most dogs are good for say 10 to 20 rabbits ,above that your testing the dogs stamina and ability in my opinion,,by the way another cracking night you had :thumbs: that don dog does well for what looks like quite a heavy set dog,not knocking him in any way because he does a good job by the the looks of it :yes: but how many of the 45 do you think were took out the seat???

i can answer that as it was me slipping him, it was about 7-8 out the seat.. :thumbs:

i cant stress how hard some of the fields are on this farm, well i can most of it is inaccesable with a 4x4 even a quad would not get to alot of it,,, this is proberbly the reason for the sheer numbers of rabbits.

i hoestly belive if you could get round in a truck with a rifle, then 200 would be achived possibly more.

kittlrox,, yes real strong collie types would be the way to go on this farm , rather than the gangly speed merchant,, im not saying the other wont catch, but for sheer tuffness and staminar, with strong feet and wrists, its the way to go on this particular bit of land