ANOTHER DALES TRIP, watership down

"The Happy Ferreter", I hope I'm wrong; but you sound like a tree hugging, bunny loving anti !! Why on earth question the lads about "taking so many " ?? I know these guys and they work their dogs AND themselves hard to get such bags !! I'd bet 99% of the people on these sites would like to have dogs, permission and bags like these lads do !

Cheers.

You are wrong Mr Chartpolski. I asked that question because that was alot of meat caught. Reason why I asked "Do you sell to butchers, zoos ect? was because of the high number caught, nothing more, nothing less.

How on earth you got to being an anti is beyond me, :blink: but very funny :laugh: I've hunted from Dubai to Australia, a bit like yourself, although I do prefer Dubai working along side with the princes using salukis and hawks, can't beat it! ;) you should try it.....oh you already have!

Well done lads

:victory:

Edited by The Happy Ferret

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The Happy Ferreter", I hope I'm wrong; but you sound like a tree hugging, bunny loving anti !! Why on earth question the lads about "taking so many " ?? I know these guys and they work their dogs AND

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide

My mediocre ugly dog does for me Whin matey..he suits the ground i hunt,no he probably wouldn't be worth a toss on the land you run but why should that bother me, you or anyone else come to that matte

Posted Images

locoly andy handy dogs are not so good but when we ran easy places like borders then even a three qaurter reverse caut rabbits ,but on the winter wheat and golf courses football feilds had to breed a diffrent animal , ran the dales with d sliegt ran raby with little chipper ,the borders with my own crew makes a mediocre dog look good and a good dog look specail,but its a nite out but nothing specail ,as long as [bANNED TEXT] out enjoying you sport but easy rabbs up the dales or in the borders of scotland doesnt cut it with me done it , but every man to there own ,most people on these sites can catch a rabb mate ,il never [bANNED TEXT] numbers and never show pics and try not to give the brave boys ammo , but we are busy ,i miss the big rabbit nites but once youve cat big bags its not the same ,me the harder the chase the better the sport ,at times unles there an outlet

My mediocre ugly dog does for me Whin matey..he suits the ground i hunt,no he probably wouldn't be worth a toss on the land you run but why should that bother me, you or anyone else come to that matter? Your's probably wouldn't tie my dogs shoe laces on ground that he excels on either but so what? As long as they suit us the owners then surely thats all that matters? All this "it can't catch here,wouldn't kill there" craic it's just utter pish? At the end of the day it's no good going to do a job without the correct tools is it not?...no different with running dogs either..different land/work = different type/breed of dog? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

• Like 5

well done lads,i love to see collie x s running great on the lamp....

This would ruin the photos at the end but yee could stop half way through the night to gut and skin the rabbits to rid some of the weight,and an easier job when they are still warm .

i would sooner have the added weight , than ruin a good photo :icon_redface: , also where ever we are we have drop off points to drop say 20,, also i sel my catch compleatly hole, guts and evrything

"The Happy Ferreter", I hope I'm wrong; but you sound like a tree hugging, bunny loving anti !! Why on earth question the lads about "taking so many " ?? I know these guys and they work their dogs AND themselves hard to get such bags !! I'd bet 99% of the people on these sites would like to have dogs, permission and bags like these lads do !

Cheers.

You are wrong Mr Chartpolski. I asked that question because that was alot of meat caught. Reason why I asked "Do you sell to butchers, zoos ect? was because of the high number caught, nothing more, nothing less.

How on earth you got to being an anti is beyond me, :blink: but very funny :laugh: I've hunted from Dubai to Australia, a bit like yourself, although I do prefer Dubai working along side with the princes using salukis and hawks, can't beat it! ;) you should try it.....oh you already have!

Well done lads

:victory:

anti or no anti, it was still a stupid f'ckin comment.....I thought you were taking the piss when I first read it! Every single person looking at that thread will have thought they've done and amazing job (both lads and dogs)....I would give my left bollock to have a night like that!! and all you can think of doing it questioning why he took so many? Do you even know why farmers let you on their land to catch rabbits? It's not because they're concerned that you might not be getting enough lean meat in your diet!!! FFS!!!!

• Like 4
Guest PIKEYLAMPER

My mediocre ugly dog does for me Whin matey..he suits the ground i hunt,no he probably wouldn't be worth a toss on the land you run but why should that bother me, you or anyone else come to that matter? Your's probably wouldn't tie

my dogs shoe laces on ground that he excels on either but so what? As long as they suit us the owners then surely thats all that matters? All this "it can't catch here,wouldn't kill there" craic it's just utter pish? At the end of the day it's no

good going to do a job without the correct tools is it not?...no different with running dogs either..different land/work = different type/breed of dog? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Bit strong an narrow minded to think an other mans dog wouldn't be anygood on another mans land. My opinion on a lurcher is it should be able to put game in the bag on most land whether it's long runns on stubbles or short hilly type runs where there's plenty of squatters to walk up on. I understand that different dogs suit different terrain but me personally travel about a fair bit an a dog that needed the ground in his favour to catch its quarry wouldn't suit me, my dogs have

to be able to do both whether it's hilly squatters or long runs. Would these dogs you running on the dales run across a large stubble to an eye in a hedge or would they pick an choose the long runs with them beinig use to walking up to the rabbits on the hills?

think you missing the point p***y,, poacher said in the first line, that HIS dog might not be so good on big open land. and conversly the same is true,, the faster taller leaner type of mutt, wont do so well on that testing torriane.

nobody is saying they wont catch,, cos of course they will,,,, what the may not do is catch to the same extent,, in other words they may well get 20-30,, but would they push 50-60,, also that heavy clody type will fair better against injury, and injury is more likly on that land

My mediocre ugly dog does for me Whin matey..he suits the ground i hunt,no he probably wouldn't be worth a toss on the land you run but why should that bother me, you or anyone else come to that matter? Your's probably wouldn't tie my dogs shoe laces on ground that he excels on either but so what? As long as they suit us the owners then surely thats all that matters? All this "it can't catch here,wouldn't kill there" craic it's just utter pish? At the end of the day it's no good going to do a job without the correct tools is it not?...no different with running dogs either..different land/work = different type/breed of dog? ATB Andy. :thumbs:

Even if it was the easiest ground in the world with the stupidest rabbits, those kind of numbers would take it out of any dog. Most dogs would have flagged at the 20-30 catch rate mark (not including the runs not resulting in a catch). Dogs as good as this are not as common as people would like to think/brag. And if the land is anything like the place Tomo took me ferreting then it really is lethal!

Tomo, Andy, Jnr, just ignore the folk trying to put down a fantastic thread, it is very clear by some of the comments they have never lamped to such a degree in their lives so cannot fathom what it is actually like :thumbs:

I will never forget this hill till the day i die, and we only had to walk crawl up it twice, would hate to try lamping on it :icon_eek:

post-57301-0-09536500-1317891433_thumb.jpg

This is one of those hill then Tomo :laugh:

Edited by Moll.
  • Like 1
Guest PIKEYLAMPER

I understand an the dogs are obviously doing the job they are bred for in that case. It would be frustrating not to be able to run other types of land IMO, an for that reason these type of dogs wouldn't suit most lurcher men that I know. You lads obviously take your rabbiting seriously it's just a shame use can't go anywhere else but the dales to enjoy them. Keep the good posts coming.

Guest PIKEYLAMPER

and another thing piky,,, wasnt whin being narrow minded in the first place???,, like has already been said horses for courses

It was aimed also at whin I just quoted ppockers reply sorry if you thought I was aiming that at your pal.