ANOTHER DALES TRIP, watership down

somtimes the hit rate can be high,, maybee 80%,, its hard to keep track to be honest,, yes you got use the lie of the land, in all honesty on this bit you have to get above them.. this farm realy needs leaving alone by me and andy,, its more suited to young frankel and ginny spinner.

andy said he was thinking f**k it i dont need this, after climbing that first hill,, lol , it does make you think we must be mad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The Happy Ferreter", I hope I'm wrong; but you sound like a tree hugging, bunny loving anti !! Why on earth question the lads about "taking so many " ?? I know these guys and they work their dogs AND

i take a lot of rabbits mainly cos i fecking love doing it, and testing the dog,,, as it happens they go to a zoo hole for £2.20 each, they take what i catch.... even if i didnt have this outlet, ide

My mediocre ugly dog does for me Whin matey..he suits the ground i hunt,no he probably wouldn't be worth a toss on the land you run but why should that bother me, you or anyone else come to that matte

Posted Images

Top night thanks again to the main man Tomo..as he said i very nearly said bollox to it on the first climb lol..holy shit me and Tomo are nigh on ninety years old between us haha. It was good craic though except for the injury to Venus which curtailed her night..she has been on fire these past few trips too so hopefully nothing to bad with her toe? The dogs were looking pretty good early doors and missed hardly anything at all,for those who think that it's like taking candy of a child catching these bunnies then think again!! Like Tomo and to an extent Skycat said the man behind the lamp,selecting and postioning himself to aid the dog plays a big part too,many of these rabbits were ran on scree,not for the faint hearted trust me! It's nigh on impossible to stay on your feet (ain't that right lads?) let alone run on it? I'm sure Tomo was pleased with Venus as she missed very little until her setback,we were really pleased with the Don dog,this was HIS terrain,he loved it..i'm still of the ilk that he'll not see old bones,he's got so much drive it's unreal lol but we'll see? One small "problem" if you can call it that was again this tendency to turn his head away after retrieving his catch to us..it's frustrating because he can present them beautifully to hand so thats something to work on i guess? Just to answer something about him "being more Collie than Grey" well he's a Collie x Lurcher and the lurcher was more than 1/4 collie too lol so he'll not have much Grey in his blood...as for catch rates it's something that i've never really took note of to be honest but perhaps it's something i will note down in future? Cheers again Tomo,your a gent. ATB Andy.

somtimes the hit rate can be high,, maybee 80%,, its hard to keep track to be honest,, yes you got use the lie of the land, in all honesty on this bit you have to get above them.. this farm realy needs leaving alone by me and andy,, its more suited to young frankel and ginny spinner.

andy said he was thinking f**k it i dont need this, after climbing that first hill,, lol , it does make you think we must be mad

Dean couldnt keep up with me Tomo :laugh:

Top night thanks again to the main man Tomo..as he said i very nearly said bollox to it on the first climb lol..holy shit me and Tomo are nigh on ninety years old between us haha. It was good craic though except for the injury to Venus which curtailed her night..she has been on fire these past few trips too so hopefully nothing to bad with her toe? The dogs were looking pretty good early doors and missed hardly anything at all,for those who think that it's like taking candy of a child catching these bunnies then think again!! Like Tomo and to an extent Skycat said the man behind the lamp,selecting and postioning himself to aid the dog plays a big part too,many of these rabbits were ran on scree,not for the faint hearted trust me! It's nigh on impossible to stay on your feet (ain't that right lads?) let alone run on it? I'm sure Tomo was pleased with Venus as she missed very little until her setback,we were really pleased with the Don dog,this was HIS terrain,he loved it..i'm still of the ilk that he'll not see old bones,he's got so much drive it's unreal lol but we'll see? One small "problem" if you can call it that was again this tendency to turn his head away after retrieving his catch to us..it's frustrating because he can present them beautifully to hand so thats something to work on i guess? Just to answer something about him "being more Collie than Grey" well he's a Collie x Lurcher and the lurcher was more than 1/4 collie too lol so he'll not have much Grey in his blood...as for catch rates it's something that i've never really took note of to be honest but perhaps it's something i will note down in future? Cheers again Tomo,your a gent. ATB Andy.

Thanks Mate

I thought I had seen he had a lot of collie in his make up, it sounds like he's the ideal dog for the land you run, and alien to what some think it is'nt just speed that puts game in the bag.

If you ever do breed off of him what would you breed with?

Cheers

"The Happy Ferreter", I hope I'm wrong; but you sound like a tree hugging, bunny loving anti !! Why on earth question the lads about "taking so many " ?? I know these guys and they work their dogs AND themselves hard to get such bags !! I'd bet 99% of the people on these sites would like to have dogs, permission and bags like these lads do !

Cheers.

• Like 7

congratulations lads on a cracking write up and a good size bag of rabbits ,but what i like about this post is that lads are inviting other lads to have a good nights lamping and no doubt a good friendship is born my kind of people atb billy[ex lurcher man]

i know what you mean mackem,, but its the first time for that gate, but i supose one gate looks like another, lol

bloomin ell what cross are u both using there lads

Don's parents Jack x Collie

PIC_000222.jpg

PICT0644-1.jpg

Venus parents Jack x Visa

PIC_000444.jpg

Visa.jpg

• Like 2