camera help please

The Canon 1000D is their entry level DSLR but still capable of good shots. As deadlyshot says the link doesn't work but looking on camerapricebuster.co.uk I guess this is it

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/eos-1000d-digital-slr-camera-with-canon-18-55-mm-ef-s-zoom-lens-10-1-mp-02441727-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1

there is also a promo code 5COMET which gets it down to £313.48 which is a really good price. You will need to buy a SD card 4G min, a bag and I would reccommend a UV filter for the lens.

You will find that 55mm is perhaps not long enough for wildlife or dogs at a distance so then you will need something with more zoom 200mm plus say. Canon do a 55-250mm but the newer version is £200 so about £600 all in.

An alternative would be to get a top of the range compact like the the G11 or G12 or if you want smaller the S95 £285-£350, they will give you stunning quality and offer the ability to control the camera as well as have easy modes. If you do get into photography then go for a better DSLR later and you still have a great compact as well.

when looking for a camera its not the mega pixels you want to worry about unless your going to be blowing your pictures right up as you cant tell the difference after the 10 million pixel.

I got my first dslr a month or so and fount that the body you dont have to worry bout to much either if your a first timer. as the quality of the picture is from the lens that is what imo advise you to do is get the best lens you can i brought myself a 2nd hand nikon d40 body which came with the standard 55mm lens with vr of course which bout 200 quid but i then got myself a refurb nikon dx 55-300mm vr lens which cost shy of 300 quid but thats prob the best i you can get for that money to be fair but it is a good starting point i may be wrong in what ive said so if i am im sure someone will be along soon to put things right for you :thumbs:

when looking for a camera its not the mega pixels you want to worry about unless your going to be blowing your pictures right up as you cant tell the difference after the 10 million pixel.

I got my first dslr a month or so and fount that the body you dont have to worry bout to much either if your a first timer. as the quality of the picture is from the lens that is what imo advise you to do is get the best lens you can i brought myself a 2nd hand nikon d40 body which came with the standard 55mm lens with vr of course which bout 200 quid but i then got myself a refurb nikon dx 55-300mm vr lens which cost shy of 300 quid but thats prob the best i you can get for that money to be fair but it is a good starting point i may be wrong in what ive said so if i am im sure someone will be along soon to put things right for you :thumbs:

try this place helped me out!

http://www.cameraworld.co.uk/index.asp

Edited by deadlyshot