UP THE DALES AGAIN two sisters

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

had another wander round up the dales again tonight, with poacherspocket22 and frankel i had Venus, they had Swift, the idea tonight was to get high up because of the lac of wind, so up the fell side

here is a couple snap shots from the end result

Venus & Swift

DSCI2155.jpg

DSCI2153.jpg

Incredible isn't it, T-shirts whilst lamping :icon_eek:

Another good night out lads :thumbs:

we never lamped in the t-shirts, we put the rabbits on the gate then got changed into clean clothes...but it was defo warm enough to just wear a t-shirt last night imo :thumbs:

Cheers for the run again Tomo :thumbs: ,we took a chance on the weather last night because it was forecast to be not too bad and without doubt the best of the week as far as lamping was concerned and it was dot on really,there was a breeze for the most anyways and the temp was about 11/12 degrees going by the car? We knew there was no moon so we went for it lol..pleased as punch we did too,dogs had a good leg stretch,we had a god craic and dogs both ran very well and didn't do too much wrong? All in all it was a great night once again and it was better than sitting in the house watching tele lol. Thanks again Tomo..as always we appreciate the nights on your land.ATB Andy. :victory:

Are you lamping the same fields as before in your previous posts, as that's a hell of a lot of rabbits, or do you only do one patch once then move on? And as for the fox question, I was having a walk round the dales once (or it might have been north Yorkshire) with a mate, and i asked him if he sees many foxes. He said in all the years he has been working his dogs up there on the rabbits he has never seen one. With that we came upon a stink pit with a live fox caught in a snare, and near it was about 15/20 fox carcases! Just goes to show they are about but must keep a low profile.

the foxes question first,,, we very realy see them although there was one last night,, one of the farms we do, evry time im there, the keeper is driving round shooting,, remember on the tops of the dales is moorland, and moor keepers wipe out the foxes.

Romany, my bunnys go to a zoo, i freze them hole, take 100 at a time, took 105 last week , theres 82 in there now, of course the ferrets get some,, and i did eat 1 two week ago, lol

Are you lamping the same fields as before in your previous posts, as that's a hell of a lot of rabbits, or do you only do one patch once then move on? And as for the fox question, I was having a walk round the dales once (or it might have been north Yorkshire) with a mate, and i asked him if he sees many foxes. He said in all the years he has been working his dogs up there on the rabbits he has never seen one. With that we came upon a stink pit with a live fox caught in a snare, and near it was about 15/20 fox carcases! Just goes to show they are about but must keep a low profile.

we last night we did the same place me and simmo did 2 week ago, although we did the same fields we also went higher up and did some others... of course you can only catch them once , so you got to keep mooving about