Muntjac habits

Ive never saw them out in the open this time of year by me they always tend to stick to the thick cover ditches and hedge rowes i saw 1 the other morning by a pheasant pen on the side of a country lane i reversed the car back so i cud get a good look he was gone in a flash i think there an amazing little deer and its suprised me the places where there being found theres a park not too far from me and i have saw quite a few on there and the park has actually been on an autumn watch programme.Theres another spot i know of and it is a wood not very big but quite thick its boggy as anythin i nearly lost my old bitch in a swampy part all i saw was her head disapearing under the mud its was like a scene from indiana jones any way the muntjac have thrived in there for years its next to a motor way imbankment full of furn and they just love it in there ive also saw roe time to time in there usaually 3 or 4 think they pass through time to time :thumbs:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shoot probably 20-30 muntjac a year not a lot by some standards and they still intrigue me, l do see them and have shot them well away from cover at all times of the day but like all deer it does de

Posted Images

If any of you members have ifor williams tel No we could do with a few in cheshire please pn me his tel No if you know him

Mark

Dont know whether you are genuinely backward or very cute at taking the piss ,undecided.

If they had computers when the ark was built i would of thought Noah would of got the same reply

Mark