How to make Earth Anchors & Disposable Stakes

SPOT ON ......... AS USUAL GLEN ,

SOME EXCELLENT EARTH ANCHORS THERE ............. MADE FROM EASILY OBTAINABLE MATERIALS WITH LITTLE EFFORT ........... :victory:

I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE SPRING TOGGLE AND WASHER IDEAS ........... MAYBE BECAUSE IVE A LARGE SUPPLY AT WORK :whistle:

I DO " HOPE " THAT THE LADS ON HERE REALIZE WHAT EXCELLENT INFORMATION YOU HAVE PUT AT THEIR DISPOSAL FREE OF CHARGE !!

ALL THE BEST MATE

DUCKWING ;)

well with all the years and age he is hes bound to think up some good ideas once in a while :tongue2:, joking a side once again glen is imparting his knowledge and giving snaremen and women some very useful information on how to secure their snares and traps and best of all they can be made very cheaply and with clear diagrams to follow most people should be able to make them good on you mate :good:

Guest JohnGalway

Snareman is a gentleman, back a couple of weeks ago when I asked about earth anchors not only did he take the time to write a post on what he knew but he pm'd me, made two types of anchor and actually posted them to me with diagrams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He refused my offers of paying postage or materials, he wanted me to get my snaring right rather than profit from it. Can't say much better than that about a fella.

Seriously, how sound is this bloke, top marks GW :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

If ever I can do anything for ya GW or you need anything from Ireland ya know where to reach me :thumbs-up:

just want to echo the views already expressed as glen says he just wants people to snare the right way ,that goes a long way in terms of him imparting his vast knowledge free of chrage , so everyone can snare effectively and effecintley as possible cheers rob

Guest Rabbiteer

Would have to agree with you guys.

I only asked about snaring and his tactics and he sent me down 50 snares. I offered to pay him for them but wouldnt have any of it.

Thanks for your time, tools and advice you gave me.

Nik

:clapper:

Here's a few.

Iowa Disposable Ron Hansen Jr. That's also a Hansen Drowning lock on the cable.

disposables2.jpg

Close up

disposables3.jpg

Bullet disposable

disposables4.jpg

modifeid disposable with steel tip.

disposables5.jpg

Here's some drivers for these, I have others but i don't feel like going out to my trap truck.

I have 1 driver that is 4 feet long for water trapping.

disposables.jpg

I have used the washer or AKA Pogo but my soil is all rock and makes it tough to drive in.

If your soil isn't they are the way to go. When you drive them in do not pull up to set them, pull along the ground until it sets, then check to make sure they will hold. sometimes you'll have to drive a starter hole if you working frozen ground.

Edited by NightRunner
  • 3 weeks later...