whats the best spring/ gas ram airgun on the market?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic Andy I also think their Crap, Should have bought a HW, Air arms or Diana instead of that Rough Spanish Door stop.   regards Daz

Best spring rifles money can buy off the shelf. Fixed-barrel underlevers are:   WEIHRAUCH HW77, HW97, AIR ARMS TX200/TX200HC. PROSPORT.   Best Break Barrel spring rifle.   WEIHRAUCH HW80. HW80K

Extremely satisfied by my HW 90 gasram, but not a " Ladies gun "...

If weight is a problem (and the TX200 seems to have been hewn from granite with a lead core), then the HW95 is worth a look, lighter weight, accurate, great shooter straight from the box. If you are up for a run round then get down to Redbeck at Wakefield, they are selling these little crackers new, for £265. You will need a scope and mounts though! The are also ambidextrous!

For that cash,, forget the BSA range,, seriously, you would be better spending 170 quid on an older UK made goldstar or superstar,,

When you want to spend the dough and get the best,, you need to look at stuff like HW`s 97k 77k,, maybe 90,, but it`s mega heavy,, AA Tx200,, lovely gun, Pro sport,, likewise,,

TBH, if it was my cash ( And I have MANY years experience in air rifles),, I`d go HW 77 with a custom stock and tune

Just stick with anything German or Air Arms and you won't go far wrong. The quality of BSAs these days is pretty bloody poor and whilst the Theobens are beautifully built and finished, their triggers aren't what they should be and they kick like feck for an airgun tending to make them very hold sensative and they also have a well earned reputation for wrecking scopes.

There is no 'best', it boils down to what feels right to you :thumbs:

Edit to add... Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Edited by andyfr1968

I have to agree with you Andy, my experience today with that TX on the range was a revelation, Mary is equally impressed with her HW95. Both of which left her Diana in the shade, leagues ahead of the Webley/Hatsan (there I have said it). I was pinging spinners at 45 metres!

Edited by secretagentmole

I have to agree with you Andy, my experience today with that TX on the range was a revelation, Mary is equally impressed with her HW95. Both of which left her Diana in the shade, leagues ahead of the Webley/Hatsan (there I have said it). I was pinging spinners at 45 metres!

:tongue2::laugh::D

thanks for all the replys ppl much appriciated :) im shooting a BSA ultra atm wich im finding a bit light to keep still on shots after 30+ yrds :doh: ive ruled out a couple of guns as a no go for sure, its down to the theoben evo or the HW90K (in theory) but i guess its just a case of going down the gun shop and having a good look around hold a few guns etc ( my heart is still saying BSA XL tactical though) :nono:

Edited by beargrylls