START OF MEWS BUILD

shello

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here goes with the start of our mews build. We're building on a sloped garden down to't river so obviously need to make sure it's built high enough up't garden not to get wet! Had to dig out a c

front section done now

yes but sorted em now billy cheers, have pinned each one top n bottom to make sure and like you and the joiner say they'll swell anyway so no probs later in week gonna get started on roof sections,

Posted Images

well got our bird today (Freya is her name), got her jessed up etc this morning thanks to my mates here and left til this afternoon, spent an hour with her mostly on the fist, she seems fairly settled but will see how we go tomorrow, need to thank steve (punch and judy) and billy (saxonmaster) also all the folks who gave me help on here and hopefully will give me more!

thanks to you all

cheers, here she is

Brilliant stuff.. :thumbs: ..you dont mess about..the very best of luck with her and i hope you have a good fruitfull season out hunting .. :thumbs:

' timestamp='1320949121' post='2330118']

decided to paint it with a darker stain as other one looked a bit too light, gotta finish roof felting off with wood trim also which i'll do this weekend

What did you use for the bars?

I used broom shafts/handles mate (got the idea off saxonmaster) work well and look good too

well had 2 hours with freya this morning, she managed to eat from my fist but wouldn't quite jump although i reckon tomorrow/sunday she'll be ready to! had an hour this afternoon with her, she seems quite relaxed and happy to step on to the first

;)

well had 2 hours with freya this morning, she managed to eat from my fist but wouldn't quite jump although i reckon tomorrow/sunday she'll be ready to! had an hour this afternoon with her, she seems quite relaxed and happy to step on to the first

;)

7 days before feeding ??

what was fat weight and weight when it fed

Edited by grovsey

she fed on fist today and yesterday but what's with the '7 days before feeding' comment?? she would have been fed monday and i got her wednesday am at 6-45, we jessed her up etc and left her with 2 chicks which were eaten when i went back to her after lunch!

she fed on fist today and yesterday but what's with the '7 days before feeding' comment?? she would have been fed monday and i got her wednesday am at 6-45, we jessed her up etc and left her with 2 chicks which were eaten when i went back to her after lunch!

chiil man i though u had here a week thats all

chiil man i though u had here a week thats all

'chill' yea i'm chilled, just can't do with stupid f-ing comments like that mate! yes i realise you are an expert on birds of prey and i'm a beginner but do you honestly think i'd let any bird/animal go 7 days without food grovesy?

decided that because of the negative comment(s) posted on my thread i wont be posting any more of freyas diary on here, sorry but i can' do with all the 'bollox' posted by some!! hope you all understand!!

Edited by shello

decided that because of the negative comment(s) posted on my thread i wont be posting any more of freyas diary on here, sorry but i can' do with all the 'bollox' posted by some!! hope you all understand!!

You will never get everyone agreeing with the stuff some folk do..or even understanding it over a keyboard..just ignore what you dont want to read and take onboard what you like to read.. :thumbs: ..and keep us updated with your progress.