START OF MEWS BUILD

shello

well if we get't nice weather next week that'll dry't feather edge out nicely :)

think i'll board the inside of't feather edge later when ive some more cash! will be good for now though, thanks for the comments, quite enjoying doing it to be honest ;)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here goes with the start of our mews build. We're building on a sloped garden down to't river so obviously need to make sure it's built high enough up't garden not to get wet! Had to dig out a c

front section done now

yes but sorted em now billy cheers, have pinned each one top n bottom to make sure and like you and the joiner say they'll swell anyway so no probs later in week gonna get started on roof sections,

Posted Images

well if we get't nice weather next week that'll dry't feather edge out nicely :)

think i'll board the inside of't feather edge later when ive some more cash! will be good for now though, thanks for the comments, quite enjoying doing it to be honest ;)

Must admit building aviaries is one of my pet hates. Millet helped me bigtime with this last build, if I did it my way it would have been totaly on the piss and would have fell down by now :angel: .

Now I know you like doing it you can come and build mine if I need any ihn the future :laugh:.

Looking good mate :thumbs:

Jasp

Must admit building aviaries is one of my pet hates. Millet helped me bigtime with this last build, if I did it my way it would have been totaly on the piss and would have fell down by now :angel: .

Now I know you like doing it you can come and build mine if I need any ihn the future :laugh:.

Looking good mate :thumbs:

Jasp

Ha Ha, well if it wern't for my mate who's a joiner mine would be on't piss also mate :hmm: just as well he's helped me i'd be pretty knackered other wise :huh:

Let's see how today goes, see if we can get the front section in :blink:

pics to folllow

shello dont forget the double door as u will never regret it .or cut a bit of for the weight room and have the extra door in that way

do it right the first time and you wont have to disturb the bird ect once you got it .a tip is where ur going to put the roost for when he is free lotfed and put some thick plastic where the bird is going to shit and alot easyier to clean also make the high birch's removeable so when u have the bird on its pirch teathered he will not be bating to the highest pirch

Edited by grovsey

shello dont forget the double door as u will never regret it .or cut a bit of for the weight room and have the extra door in that way

do it right the first time and you wont have to disturb the bird ect once you got it .a tip is where ur going to put the roost for when he is free lotfed and put some thick plastic where the bird is going to shit and alot easyier to clean also make the high birch's removeable so when u have the bird on its pirch teathered he will not be bating to the highest pirch

cant say better than that very good post

yes grovesy, there will be a 2nd door system going in mate (just have to think on that yet) and yes steve there will be a plywood going in both front and back!. Looking forward to getting it done now!

might even block along the back so far up as to save on plywood (can get cheap blocks off a mate :thumbs: )

as for weighing the bird i have a shed at top of steps so gonna use that for weighing and for freezer. got heavy duty plastic for the back wall to catch all the crap mate as for the roost i havn't forgot about it but was open to suggestions please!

was also gonna put a food chute in the front (in right hand side where it's open at moment, gonna plywood it and fit plastic elbow in) cheers lads

Edited by shello

tidy mate done a good job on the bars from what i can see :thumbs:

some of the bars are a little bit slack but got a plan for them, gonna use expanding glue and also pin them (tedious job but needs to be done billy) :huh:

all in all very happy with my work, and even more happy i had some help for't joiner and some tips from here thanks :thumbs:

tidy mate done a good job on the bars from what i can see :thumbs:

some of the bars are a little bit slack but got a plan for them, gonna use expanding glue and also pin them (tedious job but needs to be done billy) :huh:

all in all very happy with my work, and even more happy i had some help for't joiner and some tips from here thanks :thumbs:

do you mean the bars have a bit of movement mate ? as long as they cant come out top or bottom then i wouldnt worry mate mine have a little bit of movement it will all sweal with the wet weather anyway mate good job kidder :thumbs:

yes but sorted em now billy cheers, have pinned each one top n bottom to make sure and like you and the joiner say they'll swell anyway so no probs :yes:

later in week gonna get started on roof sections, looks like i'm getting some felt cheap of a builder mate which'll do for roof base sheet with green felt on top (getting green felt for £18 for a 10x1 mtr roll) :thumbs:

need ideas for inside it now, what to put in for bird, what size perch, branches etc etc

post-65342-0-75714500-1317061033.jpg

Edited by shello
  • Like 1

Looking good shello :thumbs:. for the bars I have used 22mm galvanised conduit for a few years now. it came in 16ft lengths and cut it to size with the angle grinder. I then used 3 x 2 CLS for the window frame which was drilled hafway through so the conduit dropped into the wood and not completey through, it was gaped around 3.5" from the centre of one bar to the next :victory: .

Must say bud you're making a grand job.

Jasp