• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm led to believe that its the coursing crew that runs the show and picks the judges for the open show,But its T.Allen that orginisers the judge for the champion of champions.Now i could be speaking

we all know theres corrupt people in shows clachan, its the way it will always be in every walk of life mate you just ignore it.i just want to say how you mentioned last year and dont take it the wron

i run with paddy twice a week throughout the winter and believe me he is not afraid to speak his mind to anyone .both him and the tracy allan has been in contact with the owner concerned and he has ca

I'm led to believe that its the coursing crew that runs the show and picks the judges for the open show,But its T.Allen that orginisers the judge for the champion of champions.Now i could be speaking out of turn here,But surly this show is needing revamped.There were 70 dogs qualified for the show and apparently only 23 turned up.Last year it was said amunst a lot of people what would win.NOT WHO but what type.And it proved correct.This year i heard from at least 10 people who would be in the shake up.And again it was correct.I'm not getting at The owners or the dogs.I know last years winner,and can honestly say i've never seen Jason's dog.I just think that it has been very predictable who or what will be in the final shake up as regards to who is picked to judge the show.Surly a fair way would be to pick judges from all over the country,who work a different type of dog.In that i mean size,breed and not forgetting that this is a show, conformation.The Midlands was always classed as one of the best shows(if not the best)But people are now catching on to how predictable it is and are not going to travel any distance to something they have no chance of winning.clachan

Edited by clachan
  • Like 4

I'm led to believe that its the coursing crew that runs the show and picks the judges for the open show,But its T.Allen that orginisers the judge for the champion of champions.Now i could be speaking out of turn here,But surly this show is needing revamped.There were 70 dogs qualified for the show and apparently only 23 turned up.Last year it was said amunst a lot of people what would win.NOT WHO but what type.And it proved correct.This year i heard from at least 10 people who would be in the shake up.And again it was correct.I'm not getting at The owners or the dogs.I know last years winner,and can honestly say i've never seen Jason's dog.I just think that it has been very predictable who or what will be in the final shake up as regards to who is picked to judge the show.Surly a fair way would be to pick judges from all over the country,who work a different type of dog.In that i mean size,breed and not forgetting that this is a show, conformation.The Midlands was always classed as one of the best shows(if not the best)But people are now catching on to how predictable it is and are not going to travel any distance to something they have no chance of winning.clachan

stayed away for a few year for that very reason ... at somes shows i did -- coming 2nd meant i won it ;)

stayed away for a few year for that very reason ... at somes shows i did -- coming 2nd meant i won it ;)

Know where your coming from mate.Its hopefully more construtive critisism than slagging the show.But surly the Cousing Crew will be hearing the same comments as others and be thinking that they dont want to be brought down like this or tarred with the same brush.clachan

the judges can only judge what is put before them , now here is the problem was there better looking terriers on the day :yes: was there better looking working terriers on the day :hmm: , that is my opinion and only my opinion , , if clan you are saying the judges are looking up the lead well beleave me the two that judged on sunday did not they picked two terriers that in their opinion were the best in that ring , THEY GET STICK IF THEY PICK SHOW DOGS AND THEY GET STICK IF THEY PICK GRAFT :hmm: , THE MIDDLAND HAS GONE DOWN HILL FOR MORE REASONS THAN THE TERRIER JUDGES :hmm:

Know where your coming from mate.Its hopefully more construtive critisism than slagging the show.But surly the Cousing Crew will be hearing the same comments as others and be thinking that they dont want to be brought down like this or tarred with the same brush.clachan

i suppose they think thr getting the best for the job ... i had a russell in the 80s won a lot of shows as a pup nice type never got more than a 3rd as an adult -- i was at a show with gary middleton he took the dog in for me won the class and the show he never won a show after that one ... some judges -- judge a long way up the lead ...

I dont know if i've worded things wrong.I'm well aware that a judge has a task in front of him(no question)And he can only judge the dogs in front of him.BUT for the Midlands to be only pulling in 23 dogs out of 70 there must be something wrong.clachan

gte -- how many terriers where in the class comparred to how many had quilified ...

28 i think 70 quilfied that is not down to the judges its down to a lot of things , listern the terrier that won won on merit for me the little bitch of the reserve owner should have won but i was not judging terrier 2 dog for me would have got res but that was the judges shout , it is not crufts its a WORKING TERRIER SHOW NO JUDGE CAN JUDGE A TERRIERS WORKING ABILTY IN THE RING BUT THEY CAN JUDGE ITS SUITIBILTY TO WORK IMO ;)

gte -- how many terriers where in the class comparred to how many had quilified ...

28 i think 70 quilfied that is not down to the judges its down to a lot of things , listern the terrier that won won on merit for me the little bitch of the reserve owner should have won but i was not judging terrier 2 dog for me would have got res but that was the judges shout , it is not crufts its a WORKING TERRIER SHOW NO JUDGE CAN JUDGE A TERRIERS WORKING ABILTY IN THE RING BUT THEY CAN JUDGE ITS SUITIBILTY TO WORK IMO ;)

-- i agree with what your saying just wanted an idea on numbers --- i had a bitch of mine in 3 years running but she came in season -- at the same time i had a dog get through but could`nt be arsed to hang about all day with one dog for 1 class .. out of the 23 how many where tony kettles ;)

-- i agree with what your saying just wanted an idea on numbers --- i had a bitch of mine in 3 years running but she came in season -- at the same time i had a dog get through but could`nt be arsed to hang about all day with one dog for 1 class .. out of the 23 how many where tony kettles ;)

NONE WELL AS FAR AS I COULD SEE HE WAS NOT THEIR

Ye and the 'lot of things'is down predictability.A dog up here at 16/17 inch would get nowhere.So is it not up to the orginisers to vairy the judges???Where their from, the area they work.No they cant judge a terrier on their working abilty in the ring,so why do they try?Its chined of...It a grafter..????So they should be judging a dog on its conformation.Any dog can stop end or try and draw,and get a few war wounds.But can one of these dogs get too and do a job in a scraped out rabbit hole???clachan

Ye and the 'lot of things'is down predictability.A dog up here at 16/17 inch would get nowhere.So is it not up to the orginisers to vairy the judges???Where their from, the area they work.No they cant judge a terrier on their working abilty in the ring,so why do they try?Its chined of...It a grafter..????So they should be judging a dog on its conformation.Any dog can stop end or try and draw,and get a few war wounds.But can one of these dogs get too and do a job in a scraped out rabbit hole???clachan

CAN A TERRIER THAT CAN GET IN A RABBIT HOLE HOLD A BIG DOG FOX IN A BIG PLACE OR GET OUT OF A DEEP BORAN , HORSES FOR COURSES TERRIERS AINT MADE IN MOLDS THEIRS A TOOL FOR EVERY JOB ;)

• Like 1

CAN A TERRIER THAT CAN GET IN A RABBIT HOLE HOLD A BIG DOG FOX IN A BIG PLACE OR GET OUT OF A DEEP BORAN , HORSES FOR COURSES TERRIERS AINT MADE IN MOLDS THEIRS A TOOL FOR EVERY JOB ;)

Totaly agree.But i think your missing my piont,They need to pick judges that are going to pick A horse for every course.Every judge they have picked lately is THE SAME TYPE OF JUDGE.clachan.Like i said before this is no disrespect to previous winners.

I think they could dig up Parson Russell himself sometimes and it wouldn't matter, judges have a hard time BUT as has been mentioned sometimes the class has already been won with the person handling it in the ring (i never show dogs so not sour grapes). The Midland is so far removed for lurchers and terriers they may well have had the ring a mile down the road. The terrier and lurcher side of things have been pushed further from the "main areas" of the show more and more, i told this to Ian Harford, as have many other members but he doesn't want to listen, hes making his mint so why care about the coppers brought in by us. The midland terrier/lurcher show just isn't a big deal to most lads now, im sure thats why they qualify and dont attend, if you enjoy the midland for what it is then its a good family day out, but remember the organisers dont seem to give a fliying feck what working dog lads think..............