M

#17 bunwell wood shoot

bunwell wood shoot

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:49 pm

Your wrong there. Its a very good time to start a business. I have been self employed for 25 years. If you start in a recession things can only get better, you will have seen the worst. The very best of luck, you will get out what you put in.

Regards

mark

#18 foxdropper

foxdropper

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:28 pm

Your wrong there. Its a very good time to start a business. I have been self employed for 25 years. If you start in a recession things can only get better, you will have seen the worst. The very best of luck, you will get out what you put in.

Regards

mark

Very true mate .I have seen the set up and im impressed with the work thats gone into it .Im down helping with the roof soon with the added bonus of a look out after with the lamp :victory: .Martin deserves to make a go of it and i for one will be supporting him with whatever i shoot [at the right price of course ,lol] Another bit of news is that we have both recently done the deer and small game meat hygiene course and passed which gives us both a hunter ID and Martin especially ,the necessary paperwork to handle game of all sorts . Roll on the doe season mate ,i think youll be busy .

#19 wireviz

wireviz

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:55 pm

I will get a few saved up and you can run up for a medal Martin on a round trip for work. How many would make it a worth while trip lmfao.

Edited by wireviz, 18 September 2011 - 09:56 pm.

#20 martin

martin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:21 pm

Regards

mark

Very true mate .I have seen the set up and im impressed with the work thats gone into it .Im down helping with the roof soon with the added bonus of a look out after with the lamp http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/pub... .Martin deserves to make a go of it and i for one will be supporting him with whatever i shoot [at the right price of course ,lol] Another bit of news is that we have both recently done the deer and small game meat hygiene course and passed which gives us both a hunter ID and Martin especially ,the necessary paperwork to handle game of all sorts . Roll on the doe season mate ,i think youll be busy .

What's that then FD 30% off?

#21 martin

martin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:23 pm

I will get a few saved up and you can run up for a medal Martin on a round trip for work. How many would make it a worth while trip lmfao.

I'd love to come up one day WV.

M

#22 jamie1985

jamie1985

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:57 am

Good luck mate, all the best for the future!

#23 markha

markha

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:58 pm

If you can make it work in this climate youl'll do just fine. There is nothing more focussing than spending your own money on a business project.

As the director of a small company I can honestly say that at the moment product/service price and advertising are without a doubt 'the' key factors.
Advertise as much as you can and use all the free methods that are going, get a website, get a facebook page, get leaflets printed and get noticed.

All the best .,

#24 bunwell wood shoot

bunwell wood shoot

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:23 pm

It is a difficult time but we are expanding into courses and although the general situation is poor at the moment shooting and stalking seen to be just jogging along ok. A couple more years and those who are still there will be doing well I believe.

#25 Rabbit Hunter

Rabbit Hunter

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:20 pm

Good luck Martin, keep us updated on it mate... :victory:

#26 SNAP SHOT

SNAP SHOT

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 5,826 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:25 pm

Fair play to you martin, So many just wanna sit by a fester after being laid off work,

i hope it provides you with a solid future,

Snap.

#27 Lurchandhistribe

Lurchandhistribe

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:48 pm

all the best with the enterprise. If you can get into good local pubs and restraunts they will provide a very good outlet as venison and pigeon is in high demand. its on lots of menus round here at the moment

How far are you from Swindon. Work do a farmers market but you have to be from 50 miles or less? not sure what take up would be like or cost of attendance. Can find out more if of use.

All the best

Martin

#28 martin

martin

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:19 pm

all the best with the enterprise. If you can get into good local pubs and restraunts they will provide a very good outlet as venison and pigeon is in high demand. its on lots of menus round here at the moment

How far are you from Swindon. Work do a farmers market but you have to be from 50 miles or less? not sure what take up would be like or cost of attendance. Can find out more if of use.

All the best

Martin

I would be interested in the farmers market Martin how often do they run it mate? I am within the 50 miles so that wouldn't be a problem.

Martin

#29 mattydski

mattydski

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:58 am

Very best of luck to you mate...........
Some folk deserve a decent bit of luck.....
:thumbs:

#30 FightTheBan

FightTheBan

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,742 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:32 pm

Best of luck with your venture.
Have alot of respect for anyone willing to jump in at the deep end and make a go of things.
ATB

FTB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users