beagle x russell anybody using them on foxs or preban if you like

Stop end,firstly i never said i dug out his hounds,he did himself.I dont hunt with hounds anymore,used to keep a couple of harriers but rather the diging.The mineshaft thing you are on about,have you never ran a fox to ground in a big sett,foot beagle will get down no prob.Two different hunts was just a manner of speach,but to the anyone that have not been out with hounds they would thing there were 2 seperate hunts.I have also seen packs split on 2 different foxs,would that not be 2 different hunts or is that not allowed in your book.You also said his hounds were shite,how would you know when you never hunted them,seeing is believing.I could also say yours are shite hounds and shite russells but i wont run any mans dogs down unless ive seen them work then i would say it to there face.I really think you should change your user name,KNOB END would suit.

for starters fatman i dont try any SETTS..... so no i have never done a hole that a foot beagle could get down.....of course i have seen two seperate hunts at TWO seperate foxes....many times....as for his beagles that he has to dig out are you sure you dont mean he has had to dig the enterance to get the hound out then let the terrier in??? and if this is so i think his beagles are A1 ..... and no i said you were talking shite and whilst doing that you made your mates hounds sound shite...... as for my hounds i only keep 2 and they do me.... as for my russells i only keep 2 of them..... young but they get hunted hard.... and see if they were shite id be the first to tell you myself...... i dont need a man to tell me we all have standards....and il be the first to tell you if my terriers aint here at the end of the season...... NOTED on the name change but ill just keep the name i have cheers.... and as for you mustard :rofl: :rofl: :bye:

Your a halfwit

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen it loads of times hounds going to ground if they want in they will get even seen them accounting for there fox in ground and also seen them dig him out in a peat bog before the lads came with the

6 years old this topic and it just shows that Stop End still hasn't a single clue on the hunting game. All types of hound will go to ground if they want to and anyone who hasn't seen it hasn't follow

Posted Images

Stop end,firstly i never said i dug out his hounds,he did himself.I dont hunt with hounds anymore,used to keep a couple of harriers but rather the diging.The mineshaft thing you are on about,have you never ran a fox to ground in a big sett,foot beagle will get down no prob.Two different hunts was just a manner of speach,but to the anyone that have not been out with hounds they would thing there were 2 seperate hunts.I have also seen packs split on 2 different foxs,would that not be 2 different hunts or is that not allowed in your book.You also said his hounds were shite,how would you know when you never hunted them,seeing is believing.I could also say yours are shite hounds and shite russells but i wont run any mans dogs down unless ive seen them work then i would say it to there face.I really think you should change your user name,KNOB END would suit.

Edited by mushray
  • Like 1

dug foot beagles out of big sets plenty of times granted they were not up with there game but still had to be dug out for a terrier to be droped, the best one i remember was about 10,12 years ago in a big valley in county cork about 10 beagles went to ground in a big earth on the side of the valley there was no way were they coming back to the entrance so we done what had to be done and dug them out and droped the terrier and to tell the truth the first beagle was only about another 6 foot from reaching his fox but it was gone to tight in the tube.....if i remember right the terrier droped was about 14 months old and had a bad squeaky bark when up with his fox......Mush

Yes mushray ive seen it happen several times but what do i know,stop ends foxs dont go to ground in setts or big places.

i dont do setts because the boy in the suit lives in them lads :thumbs: .... of course foxes go to ground in big burrows i didnt say that but what i did mean fatman was exactly what mush is saying.... yes they have to be dug out but would not be near there quarry... atb stopend

i dont do setts because the boy in the suit lives in them lads :thumbs: .... of course foxes go to ground in big burrows i didnt say that but what i did mean fatman was exactly what mush is saying.... yes they have to be dug out but would not be near there quarry... atb stopend

They must be mineshafts your trying if you have to dig beagles out of them,your words not mine,and where did i ever say they were up with the quarry,i did'nt.I have seen foxs bolt while hounds were in the earth,and i have seen hounds dig to there fox without the help of there owners in light earths.For a man thats at hounds and terriers 22 year,you have not seen a whole lot have you,and to come on here thinking you know all there is to know about hounds just because you keep a halfx,dont make me laugh,atb,fm.

its a well known fact that some beagles will get up their own arse to get to a fox

and some times will bolt the fox again just by the noise they make

its surprising what holes a large dog can get up when he really wants

mack

Edited by mushray

id two greyhounds try to wriggle down a huge sett this morning after a fox they put up out of rushes,ive seen fair size terriers get up to their gamre-the first dog i ever saw dug to as a child was a fullbred beagle bitch that got lost by a hare pack and was living wild in a local bog for several months. A local terrier man made a trap and caught her.All the teagle pups off her worked to ground as well.

2 years ago i seen a harrier dug out my lurcher just missed the fox as he got to the sett dug dowm 5 ft got the harrier out and dropped my terrier in the hound was about 3ft from the fox plus we run 3 foot beagles with the other 6 hounds and always keep up with the others

They must be mineshafts your trying if you have to dig beagles out of them,your words not mine,and where did i ever say they were up with the quarry,i did'nt.I have seen foxs bolt while hounds were in the earth,and i have seen hounds dig to there fox without the help of there owners in light earths.For a man thats at hounds and terriers 22 year,you have not seen a whole lot have you,and to come on here thinking you know all there is to know about hounds just because you keep a halfx,dont make me laugh,atb,fm.

lol....fatman yeah thats all I keep..... there are 3 other springer crosses there if i need them and another few harriers too.... no they wernt mineshafts fatman they were burrows which the hounds were marking on some being in a good few feet but never right up at there quarry....all cover spots are known because they have been very successful and are bogs and winds and heavy bracken small glens that type of stuff..... never really needing anymore than 3-4 good well schooled hounds to hunt them..... all burrows and foxes breaking spots will be all well known to the men we hunt them with its knowledge thats be gained over many seasons.... i do not claim to be any kind of expert on hounds or terriers...but i am hunting and hunting hard a long time....ill go out at least twice a week.... and as judging a man on how many dogs he keeps ehh lol.. its how they work.... id rather feed 1 good dog or bitch than feed 3 ok 1s..... as i said everyman has standards.... oh and by the way just back with my 2 harrier xs and my 2 wee russells and had 2 successful digs 1st 0.9 2nd 1.4 but sure what would i know ehh yis stopend :thumbs:

• Like 1

stopend, what sort of a header are u? on the 10th of sept u were posting looking for a hound to hunt with and u told chb that a week previous u had bought a beagle and a harrier/ springer. then u kick off when lads post up about having to dig hounds out of earths. hounds are generaly gifted between hunting lads who know each other are sound. id say u will always have to buy yours.