beagle x russell anybody using them on foxs or preban if you like

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seen it loads of times hounds going to ground if they want in they will get even seen them accounting for there fox in ground and also seen them dig him out in a peat bog before the lads came with the

6 years old this topic and it just shows that Stop End still hasn't a single clue on the hunting game. All types of hound will go to ground if they want to and anyone who hasn't seen it hasn't follow

Posted Images

dont think their that reliable

Ya cant just come on make a satement like that and f off go on back your argument with some facts blokes here are asking honest relistic questions to try and gleen some knowledge , so if they are no good why are they no good? or are you just another messer on this site.

question for those that have them do they give voice while on a trail or when chasing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

that old dog of mine was very vocal.

and when to ground on fox soon had em stopped up .i found it very rare for him to bolt his fox..

started up with a very fast bark, but soon settled to a very rythmic sort of enjoyable bark [if that makes scence]....

mate as a mix of pure beagles and terrier x beagles,the problem wid the terreir x beagles is they want and do go to ground if they put one in,my mate favours the pure beagles now for this reason.

thats the very reason i want them.....i want the hound crosses tearing up the banking to get to ground..... :thumbs:

• Like 1

yes but his are too big to get to the fox in the hole and end up getting stuck,he lost one for nearly a week last year stuck down a hole,thought he'd lost it and very lucky that someone that new about it found it while shooting in the same area.

yes but his are too big to get to the fox in the hole and end up getting stuck,he lost one for nearly a week last year stuck down a hole,thought he'd lost it and very lucky that someone that new about it found it while shooting in the same area.

lol buddy thats why i have russells.... pull that fecker of a hound out the way to i get this russell in lol :yes: :yes:

Thats interesting about them going to ground not what id be after. we have a terrier for that work not to keen on a dog going to ground in the middle of a blackberry patch or such Perhaps a second cross to the beagle would be a better option. still I like the way the terriers hunt just want them above ground got a mate with a parson xwhippet and that little bugger will go to ground when she can..

Thats interesting about them going to ground not what id be after. we have a terrier for that work not to keen on a dog going to ground in the middle of a blackberry patch or such Perhaps a second cross to the beagle would be a better option. still I like the way the terriers hunt just want them above ground got a mate with a parson xwhippet and that little bugger will go to ground when she can..

aw i enjoy these boys ha..... i dont want the hound to go to ground you fool... but i do want it eating the banking of the hole the fox just dropped in....then in goes the russell.... beginners ehh pppfffftttt

• Like 1

aw i enjoy these boys ha..... i dont want the hound to go to ground you fool... but i do want it eating the banking of the hole the fox just dropped in....then in goes the russell.... beginners ehh pppfffftttt

so how will you stop them going to ground then,especially if your doing a new bit and you dont know where the holes are(cant stop them)????no ones saying we dont want them to mark the hole but the jobs a lot easier if ya aint digging the beagle terrier x out aswell,the pure beagles are bigger and struggle to get to ground thats all i'm saying.