• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£25 and soup, and pie and beans last season. Hopefully its £30 this year......i wont hold my breath. I think most shoots should be £30 pound, its not much to ask for someone with a dog, price of petrol to get there and especially these people who use holidays to come beating/picking up.... :thumbs:

£15 for newbies and £20 for second season/regulars plus roast meat cobs or stew at the end of the day and drink, pork pie/sausage roles and cake after the third drive and usually a few brace of duck or pheasant.

I dont think it would hurt to knock the wages up mind! lol. We bloody earn it!

£25 for a beater £30 for a picker up plus stew and a roll at dinner and beer or cold can,cake and coffee at the finish and 2 bottles of port thrown in the beaters trucks.

they all get to take as much game from the larder after the count as they wish

£25 for a beater £30 for a picker up plus stew and a roll at dinner and beer or cold can,cake and coffee at the finish and 2 bottles of port thrown in the beaters trucks.

they all get to take as much game from the larder after the count as they wish

I used to let them do that too mate. I'd rather they took the game away than give to the game dealer for the pittance they pay for it.... :thumbs:

On mine they get £15, food and drinks through out the day, and i buy the first round in the pub. Not much by what everyone else is paying, but theyre all local lads and they do it (a). because they enjoy it and (B) Because theyre my mates and like to help out. Infact theres some who refuse money and say keep it for next years birds. Cant get better than that :yes:

I like going out beating for the craic and exercise for the dog(and me) but they insist on feeding me bacon sarnies for breakfast, sarnies with chips and a bowl of broth for lunch, then a couple of pints at the end of the day :thumbs: and £30 for my trouble.

I like going out beating for the craic and exercise for the dog(and me) but they insist on feeding me bacon sarnies for breakfast, sarnies with chips and a bowl of broth for lunch, then a couple of pints at the end of the day :thumbs: and £30 for my trouble.

Canny get better than that, sounds good :thumbs: